SPRING 2020 4v4 (Franchise Draft) League: Wednesday Nights (Individual Entry) – Starts May 6th
This will be the 13th season of the “Franchise B League” that will take place on Wednesday nights at the MLK Jr School. The offseason will be filled with many decisions for the captains that have to manage payroll, add new players and possibly even make trades or cut players. Individual players in this league earn a ‘salary’ that counts against their captain’s salary cap. Players have the option of playing on the same team for multiple seasons, giving everyone in the league a new layer of strategy and commitment. We’ve created the (Franchise Draft) League as a chance to reward the die-hards that want to take the CAC experience to another level.
This league is perfect for those who want to the unique Franchise League experience at more of a ‘B Draft’ play level on the court.
New players are welcome to join the league! There will be spots opening up in this league each season, you didn’t have to get involved in the very first season to play in this league. Enter the (Franchise Draft) League, then get a team together and play in any other 4v4 or 5v5 League that we offer! If you are looking to enter a full team, then you can enter it into either the a 5v5 League or the (A & B) 4v4 Leagues.
Franchise B League – Wednesday nights @ MLK Jr School
C.A.C. Basketball is the most organized, well run and unique collection of recreation basketball leagues in the Boston area. We strive to be the most player friendly league anywhere. C.A.C. Basketball’s 4v4 leagues are played on a full court that is smaller than regulation size, just 80 feet long. This makes for a very unique game; it’s faster, each player PT and touches skyrocket, while the pace of the game is very quick with a lot of up-and-down play. The extras outside of the basketball games are what sets C.A.C. Basketball apart. The fee for officials is included in the price of the league and every game features an electronic scoreboard, comprehensive stats, player profiles and write-ups of games. You won’t want to miss the message boards for league banter, interviews, awards, and more! In all, C.A.C. Basketball looks to make YOU the star and wants to make sure the everyone knows about it.
- Where: MLK Jr School (for map and directions go to https://www.cacbasketball.com/locations/)
- Game Nights: You will play your games once per week on WEDNESDAY nights
- Times: 6:15, 7:05, 7:55 and 8:45 PM
- 1st game: May 6th
- # of Games: 9 regular season, plus playoffs
- # of Teams: 8
- # of Players: All teams will have 6 players
- Price: $175 for the season – All league fees are due by Wednesday 4/22/20 to save your spot in the Franchise B Draft League.
- Multi-Draft League Discount: Players that play two draft leagues will pay just $300 ($50 off the league fees) for the Spring 2020 season.
- Jerseys: All players must wear C.A.C. Basketball jerseys to games. Jerseys cost $10 each and can be picked up at the Cambridge Athletic Club (215 First St – Cambridge MA) prior to the start of the season.
- Player Selection: The (Franchise Draft) 4v4 League is a draft only league, meaning there is no team entry. Anyone may join whether member or non-member. Draft Boards with player info (stats, bios, etc) are provided for all leagues: Franchise B
- Team selection is done by designated league captains who draft players based on talent level (rookie auction draft and free agency will be held from April 26th-29th). Players who wish to play on the same team as a friend can make that request, but it is up to the captains to meet it and it may not be fulfilled.
- Draft Combine: In order to get a better idea of who the new players in the league are, the Draft leagues will be holding a ‘combine’ on Saturday April 25th at C.A.C. @ 1 PM. This free one hour pick-up run is for all players to give captains a better idea of who each new player is and will help balance each and every team in the league!
- Sign-up options: Sign up yourself https://www.cacbasketball.com/signups/ by filling out a questionnaire online or contact commissioner Jason Tibbetts by Wednesday April 22nd
- Social: Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to get even more bonus coverage of league play!
Any Questions contact Jason Tibbetts: (617) 921-7851 or: E-Mail CACBasketball@gmail.com