SPRING 2020 4v4 (Lunch) Draft League: Tuesday afternoons (Individual Entry) – Starts May 5th
We’re going to continue to build on both the popularity of the daily “Lunch Pickup Runs” and bring back the league that was last seen 2 years ago in the Fall 2017 season, the Lunch League! This is specifically for players that can play during the week in the afternoon at C.A.C. This will be one of our ‘Average Joe’ leagues, and everyone is welcome to play! Like all our leagues, we strive to make them competitive within each division of play. The players have diverse basketball backgrounds, some played in high school, some are recreational players and some are league gym rats that play in multiple leagues here at CAC. Due to this being a ‘new league’ (not played since 2017) we are offering a special introductory rate for players that sign-up for the Lunch League! All players will be able to play in this league for a reduced entry fee of $100 (42% off the standard league price). The Lunch League is going to be a “draft only” league, which means you join as an individual, not with a team.
C.A.C. Basketball is the most organized, well run and unique collection of recreation basketball leagues in the Boston area. We strive to be the most player friendly league anywhere. C.A.C. Basketball’s 4v4 leagues are played on a full court that is smaller than regulation size, just 70 feet long. This makes for a very unique game; it’s faster, each player PT and touches skyrocket, while the pace of the game is very quick with a lot of up-and-down play. The extras outside of the basketball games are what sets C.A.C. Basketball apart. The fee for officials is included in the price of the league and every game features an electronic scoreboard, comprehensive stats, player profiles and write-ups of games. You won’t want to miss the message boards for league banter, interviews, awards, and more! In all, C.A.C. Basketball looks to make YOU the star and wants to make sure the everyone knows about it.
- Where: Cambridge Athletic Club (for map and directions go to http://www.cacbasketball.com/locations/)
- Game Days: You will play your games once per week: on TUESDAY afternoons
- Times: 12:00 or 12:50 PM
- 1st game: May 5th
- # of Games: 9, plus playoffs
- # of Teams: 4-5
- # of Players: All teams will have up to 7 players
- Price: Low price for the SPRING 2020 season! All players will be charged $100 and all league fees are due by 4/22/20 to save your spot in any Draft League
- Jerseys: All players must wear C.A.C. Basketball jerseys to games. Jerseys cost $10 each and can be picked up at the Cambridge Athletic Club (215 First St – Cambridge MA) prior to the start of the season.
- Player Selection: This League is going to be a draft only league, meaning there is no team entry. Anyone may join this league whether member or non-member. Team selection is done by designated league captains who draft players based on talent level and individual preference. If you’ve played in the C.A.C. leagues before are interested in being a captain please E-Mail: CACBasketball@gmail.com
- Draft Combine: In order to get a better idea of who the new players in the league are, the Draft leagues will be holding a ‘combine’ on Saturday April 25th. It will be a free pick-up run for all players to give captains a better idea of who each new player is and will help balance each and every team in the league!
- Sign-up options: Sign up yourself by filling out a questionnaire online or contact commissioner Jason Tibbetts by April 22nd
- Social: Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to get even more bonus coverage of league play!
Any Questions contact Jason Tibbetts: (617) 921-7851 or: E-Mail CACBasketball@gmail.com