FALL 2019 Over-30) Legends: Monday or Wednesday Night (Individual) – Starts September 9th & 11th
The Over-30 Draft league is back for the 12th season in a row since it’s Winter 2016 inaugural season and coming off a packed 8 team league in the Spring 2019 season, we’ve decided to expand the league! You will now be able to play on either Monday or Wednesday nights (or both!) for the upcoming season. The Wednesday league will debut the brand new court at the recently renovated King Open School and we are pumped for the season.
This league is perfect for players that want to still compete and play basketball, but with players more within their own age bracket. This league is going to be a ‘draft’ league, meaning you sign up as an individual and everyone is guaranteed a spot on a team. As long as you turn 30 in-season you are eligible to play! The league will be competitive just like any C.A.C. Basketball offering and will include referees, scoreboards, comprehensive stats, player profiles, write-ups of games, interviews, message boards, jerseys, awards, and more. All players are welcome to join as many leagues as they wish. Play in this league with a team, and also put yourself/your team in the B 4v4 leagues @ King Open! This league will fill up quickly so make sure you sign up your team ASAP!
Monday nights @ MLK Jr School
Wednesday nights @ King Open School
- Where: MLK Jr School or King Open School (for map and directions go to http://www.cacbasketball.com/locations/)
- Game Days: You will play your games once per week: on MONDAY or WEDNESDAY nights
- Times: 6:15, 7:05, 7:55 or 8:45 PM
- 1st game: September 9th or 11th
- # of Games: 9, plus playoffs
- # of Teams: 6-8
- # of Players: All teams will have 6 players
- Price: $150 for the season – All league fees are due by Wednesday 8/28/19 to save your spot in the League.
- Jerseys: All players must wear C.A.C. Basketball jerseys to games. Jerseys cost $10 each and can be picked up at the Cambridge Athletic Club (215 First St – Cambridge MA) prior to the start of the season.
- Player Selection: This League is going to be a draft only league, meaning there is no team entry. Anyone may join this league whether C.A.C. gym member or non-member. Current Player List here: https://www.cacbasketball.com/discussion/cac-open-thread/over-30-legends-monday-fall-2019-player-list
- Team selection is done by designated league captains who draft players based on talent level and individual preference (drafts will be held between August 31st – September 2nd). Players who wish to play on the same team as a friend can make that request, but it is up to the captains to meet it and it may not be fulfilled. If you’ve played in the C.A.C. leagues before are interested in being a captain please E-Mail: CACBasketball@gmail.com
- Draft Combine: In order to get a better idea of who the new players in the league are, the Draft leagues will be holding a ‘combine’ on Saturday August 31st at C.A.C. @ 2 PM. It will be a free one hour pick-up run for all players that have paid for the draft league to give captains a better idea of who each new player is and will help balance each and every team in the league!
- Sign-up options: Sign up yourself by filling out a questionnaire online or contact commissioner Jason Tibbetts by August 28th
- Social: Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to get even more bonus coverage of league play!
Any Questions contact Jason Tibbetts: (617) 921-7851 or: E-Mail CACBasketball@gmail.com