Brought to you by a LEGEND
I apologize for the delayed Legend of the Week blog but I lost power Sunday and had a hard enough time getting lines up. Anyways, better late than ever and in week 6 the legend of the week really deserves his due. With that I present to you the Week 6 Legend of the Week…Majic!
As if it were any secret Majic takes home week 6’s LoW honors. Majic came through with a monster performance in week 6 against Green Machine going a ridiculous 11/15 from deep and making it look easy onhis way to a 42-point night. This was one of the best shooting displays I have ever seen from anyone let alone Majic. Majic has certainly struggled a bit from deep this season but he is always capable of having one of these games and when he does you are toast. At one point in the game Majic was 10/11 from deep and I don’t know ifMalcolm knows the scouting report or what but you have to at least get a hand in Majic’s face. Regardless he hit some really tough threes fading away, stepping back and one time in double coverage. What an epic performance it was as Majic led One Ball to its third straight victory.
BMul – 21 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, 4/9 from deep, W
Tibbs – 32 points, W
Kerr – 22 points, 15 rebounds, 3 blocks, W
Week 6 Notables:
1. After starting the season 0-3, Just One Ball has won 3 straight and look like one of the better teams after some early season doubt. This team has the pieces to make a run with Majic, Tibbs, Silton and Tosti holding down the fort so watch out.
2. Joe Hoerner has been playing unbelievable basketball in the past 3 weeks. After a tough start to the season the rookie has really adjusted to wall ball quite well. In the last 3 weeks Hoerner is averaging 22 points, 8 rebounds, over 2 assists and over 2 steals per game. Not too shabby.
3. Dorey continued his second half heroics this week on rout to a nice 26 point effort. What has impressed me most is Dorey’s 3 point shooting. He has been unreal from deep this season going 26/57 from deep to the fine tune of 46% (includes week 7 numbers). His 46% is tied for the league lead.
4. Brandon Olszew has really found the stroke in the last 2 weeks. Brandon has always had a good-looking shot but finally seems adjusted to the wall ball. In the last 2 games, Brandon is 11/20 from deep and has really given Free Hat a nice jolt on offense.
5. On an IMPORTANT and non-related note Vladi Nechev committed a fantasy football sin. This past Sunday, Vladi neglected to update his fantasy football lineup giving Terry the free win. Normally I wouldn’t care, but Terry, AK and I are battling for the regular season crown so this had a direct impact on me. I mean how hard is it to take 30 seconds to update your lineup? Thanks Vladi you scumbag.
Another great week is in the books as week 6 saw the season’s best shooting display, some strong rookie performances and some quality action overall. Look for the week 7 legend of the week award to be posted/announced before Sunday. Congrats to Majic for an epic week 6 showing and good luck to all the teams going forward.
Over and out.