Brought to you by a Legend
Week 7 is in our rearview mirror and we saw some great games as Green Machine upset Hurricane Season, CAC Elite took care of Moose Knuckles in a grinder and Overrated put a 2nd half beat down on Just One Ball. Awards are also really starting to take form as I have a good idea who is up for each award. We do have one award to give out though right now as I am pleased announce week 7’s Legend of the Week…Chris Kerr!
Week 1 – Malcolm Green and Tommy Kahana
Week 2 – Terry Henderson
Week 3 – Brandon Dorey
Week 4 – Adam Nestler
Week 5 – Brandon Olszew
Week 6 – Majic
Kerr had a monster game this week leading Overrated past Just One Ball in what was truly a sensational 2nd half performance. What impressed me most about Kerr was his 3-point shooting. Kerr has looked good from deep all season and really seems to have found the stroke as he buried some huge 2nd half threes to put away One Ball. He went a total of 6/12 in the game and when you can get this kind of shooting out of your center you have to be happy. Kerr was also pretty solid on defense and on the glass. He forced his counterpart, Majic, into some very difficult shots while collecting 15 rebounds. Kerr had help from Dorey and Ollquist in this one but he was the real difference as he made it very difficult for One Ball to score in the paint. As a result, One Ball had to try and win this one from three and they were unable to get it done. Kudos to Kerr on really taking this game over and winning week 7’s Legend of the Week award.
Joe Hoerner – 24 points, 15 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, W
Nate Mendes – 32 points, 5 steals, 6/12 from deep, W
Xavier Holland – 26 points, 16 rebounds, 2 TOs, W
Week 7 Notables:
1. Jono Edwards continues possibly his best season ever. Jono is averaging a career high 19 ppg (I looked it up!) and really has elevated his game to another level…much like my A Draft league coverage!
2. After going a ridiculous 11/15 from deep Majic followed up his epic performance with a rough 3/17 performance. Yikes. He and Tosticombined for 8/34 for One Ball and that just won’t get it done in this league. Look for both guys to bounce back.
3. After 7 weeks KAP (yes I am giving myself a notable) is 3rd in the league in FTA, 2nd in makes per game and 2nd in total makes. I am going to the rim more so watch out!
4. Scott Mulholland collected a whopping 8 offensive rebounds this past week and leads the league with 6.6 ORebs per game. Hoerner is 2nd, with 5 ORebs per game so people better start boxing these guys out!
5. X-Men played their best game of the season in week 7. Not only were they electric on offense (Xavier and Mendes combined for 10/22 from deep) they were able to force Free Hat into 15 TOs. If they play defense like this for the remainder of the season they could be dangerous come playoff time.
I will wrap up the week 7 LoW with a few housekeeping items…
1. It’s that time of the season folks! With the Fall season winding down, it’s time to start thinking about signing up for the Winter 2012 Leagues. I am TBD in terms of running the league again but A Draft should be one of the more fun leagues nonetheless in the Winter. Detailed information though for every league can be found here: http://cacbasketball.com/signup-leagues.php. Please emailCACBasketball@gmail.com in order to hold a spot for yourself or your team. Additional info is available in the November Newsletter as well which can be viewed by going here: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Nove … q9KjSVjAx8.
2. In December, CAC is hosting its annual 3v3 tourney (need a teammate? I’m available!). Play in the 3v3 Tournament on December 17th and 18th where the winners of all 4 divisions will win free individual entries into the Winter 2012 season! Details:http://cacbasketball.com/3on3_basketball_tournament.php. Seriously, who doesn’t want free leagues?
3. Like getting drunk? Who doesn’t! LNO (League Night Out) will be following the December 17th 3v3 tournament at the Tommy Doyle’s located in Kendall Square. We are working on getting free beer (that’s right! free beer!) so keep that in mind!
Overrated and CAC Elite square off in week 8 in what looks like a game to decide the top seed. Should be a good one. Congrats to Kerr for a stellar performance in week 7 and winning this week’s Legend of the Week.