#B25v5East Winter 2022 Season Preview | CAC League Discussion | Discussion

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
#B25v5East Winter 2022 Season Preview
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
January 13, 2022
1:06 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 30
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Welcome to the the best B2 league in all the land—#B25v5East! Games kick off next Thursday, January 20th (a week from today) at the good ‘ole CCC. Like Tibbs said, I’ll be on point for coverage for the first time in what I hope is a long and decorated CAC career, so buckle up! Please swing by the scorer’s table and introduce yourself so I can put faces and numbers to all these lovely new names.

With all that being said, a season preview written by a newbie would’ve sounded pretty silly, so S/O Tibbs for giving you guys some bulletin board material (looking at you Julius Swerving)…

Lines and Week 1 matchups to come next week!

8 – Bank Shots – The good – a bunch of guys have played at CAC before despite the fact that I don’t recognize a single name. The bad, it looks like they’ve only got one ‘go to’ guy, ie, someone that averages double figures. Going to be hard to hang with the big dogs

7 – Quarter Life Crisis – I like the unknown rosters sometimes. Danny Gardner has played in a couple leagues so should know what it takes to put out a competitive squad. I assume some (any?) of his new guys could be good! Never hurts to expect to be wrong though 

6 – Cream City – Not enough guys on the roster for my liking. With injuries and covid scares and what not you need more than 6 guys on the squad. Clemens is a legit stud scorer though

5 – Commando – Ralph always wants to win, very very badly. And he’ll talk your ear off about it too. Does he have the roster to do it here? I don’t know. this is another team I’m not seeing a ton of scoring here (Brusch used to be good) and the last time his team played they had a ton of attendance issues. Could be a good team, could be a disaster

4 – Bet the Over – I love this Radio Shaq / draft league mash-up Liam has put together. If Vladi is getting some sleep (was terrible from 3 immediately after the birth of his third kid) then the offense should be fine. Love that Gritty Ric is back. This team looks like it should have good chemistry as long as everyone gives in to Vladi’s demands 100% of the time

3 – Smoke Or Get Smoked – Not sure what Harry’s plan is here. Doesn’t look like they have a ton of size (Sydorko, really? Joel hates playing big) or a ton of 3-point shooting. They playing early 2000s mid range ball? good luck. I guess they go as far as Zak takes them offensively. Expect Harry to make some absurd call-ups to pad the roster out after his team loses 2 straight early in the season

2 – Julius Swerving – normally the defending division champs (and UNI runners up) would be ranked #1 but they lost Khalid Lakenwal in his move to LA. Kyle Mochnaz is a solid replacement, but doesn’t bring the same ceiling (khalid always has flashes of mvp level play) as K did. This team is still super deep. Their bench (I assume Popko, Baker, Mochnacz) would all be starters on every other team in this league. They’re going to be a force, but it’s going to be hard to defend their title this season

1 – Furious Rim Ticklers – Drew Debari took a good team and added what should be the best player in the league (Luka Vlajkovic) to it. This team is going to be tough to defend AND tough to score on. Drew Debari has been around for ever and ever and knows what it takes to win and still WANTS to. You either love him or hate him. This team has a chance to be the best in all of B2, you don’t figure out how to fit Luka into a team like this, you fit around him.

F21 #5v5DraftWest Champs, Uni Runner-Up | OPOY, First Team All West

January 13, 2022
1:21 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 2692

Smoke Or Get Smoked – Not sure what Harry’s plan is here. Doesn’t look like they have a ton of size (Sydorko, really? Joel hates playing big) or a ton of 3-point shooting. They playing early 2000s mid range ball? good luck. I guess they go as far as Zak takes them offensively. Expect Harry to make some absurd call-ups to pad the roster out after his team loses 2 straight early in the season

Zak is our tallest player, by far……Beef up on your knowledge kid.

Also, this league will get a taste of King Harry. The best coverage guy in the CAC, you’re welcome.

1 – Furious Rim Ticklers – Drew Debari took a good team and added what should be the best player in the league (Luka Vlajkovic) to it. This team is going to be tough to defend AND tough to score on. Drew Debari has been around for ever and ever and knows what it takes to win and still WANTS to. You either love him or hate him. This team has a chance to be the best in all of B2, you don’t figure out how to fit Luka into a team like this, you fit around him.

This was a shrewd move by Drew, who clearly added Djordje last season to lure Luka in the following season (no offense Djordje). 

2 – Julius Swerving – normally the defending division champs (and UNI runners up) would be ranked #1 but they lost Khalid Lakenwal in his move to LA. Kyle Mochnaz is a solid replacement, but doesn’t bring the same ceiling (khalid always has flashes of mvp level play) as K did. This team is still super deep. Their bench (I assume Popko, Baker, Mochnacz) would all be starters on every other team in this league. They’re going to be a force, but it’s going to be hard to defend their title this season

Also a big move, this dude killed us from 3 in the Semi-Playoffs last year. Enjoy the warm LA weather buddy. 

5v5 Draft West S21 Champs and Unofficial Uni Champs "Get Rich, Die Trying".....Old League Champs S19 "Nice for what?"...…..BDraft F16 3Peat Champs "Evolution".....BDraft S16 Repeat Champs "Visionaries".....BDraft W16 UNI Champs "Foreign Fanatics" (BDraft W16 East Undefeated Champions "Sorry for Jabari")......Kap 2v2 Invitational Champion.......

January 13, 2022
2:25 pm
Somerville
Admin
Forum Posts: 3265

I’m aware that zak is your big, that’s the issue! 

Woohooo! updated signatures and avatars! Finally - edit your profile people - http://www.cacbasketball.com/d.....on/profile 

January 13, 2022
2:35 pm
Members

tibbs said
I’m aware that zak is your big, that’s the issue!   

Please, what big man are we suppose to be afraid of? Luka, plays like a wing, not a big man. 

5v5 Draft West S21 Champs and Unofficial Uni Champs "Get Rich, Die Trying".....Old League Champs S19 "Nice for what?"...…..BDraft F16 3Peat Champs "Evolution".....BDraft S16 Repeat Champs "Visionaries".....BDraft W16 UNI Champs "Foreign Fanatics" (BDraft W16 East Undefeated Champions "Sorry for Jabari")......Kap 2v2 Invitational Champion.......

January 13, 2022
3:11 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 39

This was a shrewd move by Drew, who clearly added Djordje last season to lure Luka in the following season (no offense Djordje). 

None taken, I respect the move. I’m pretty sure the Luka effect has also pushed my drafting position up a round or two the last few sessions which has been to the detriment of my teams of late. Sigh…it’s not easy being the third best Vlajkovic brother at ball, at least I’m the best looking one.

January 13, 2022
3:15 pm
Members

djvlajkovic said

None taken, I respect the move. I’m pretty sure the Luka effect has also pushed my drafting position up a round or two the last few sessions which has been to the detriment of my teams of late. Sigh…it’s not easy being the third best Vlajkovic brother at ball, at least I’m the best looking one.  

giphy-16.gifImage Enlarger

January 13, 2022
5:36 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 45

How dare you strip us of our rightful “nobody believes in us” status, Tibbs! We’re far too old (on the aggregate) to be considered the #1 seed.

January 14, 2022
9:28 am
Somerville
Admin
Forum Posts: 3265

leveejy said
How dare you strip us of our rightful “nobody believes in us” status, Tibbs! We’re far too old (on the aggregate) to be considered the #1 seed.  

exactly! I don’t need drew to have that extra fuel

Woohooo! updated signatures and avatars! Finally - edit your profile people - http://www.cacbasketball.com/d.....on/profile 

January 20, 2022
10:36 am
Members
Forum Posts: 418

Just throwing it out there, Djordje was added before I knew he had a (superior?) brother :D.  His skill set maps perfectly to that tiny ass CCC gym.   If we can come out of the division, I’d hope the playoffs remained at the CCC :D.

Whimmy wham wham wazzle!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 110

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

#KapVP: 4435

HTD1223: 2692

docspauld: 2388

damruff: 2203