#B25v5South Winter 2022 Preseason Preview | CAC League Discussion | Discussion

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
#B25v5South Winter 2022 Preseason Preview
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
January 12, 2022
12:01 pm
Somerville
Admin
Forum Posts: 3265
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

B2 5v5 South is happening on Tuesday nights at the Bigelow School (42 Vernon St – Newton). There’s a parking lot off of Park St (one-way) that we can use and also enter the building from there. Please note that Newton Public Schools are required everyone to wear masks at all times when in the building.

Rookie Stat-keeper Dan Fausena is going to cover this league. He’s played in the leagues before so knows the stock everyone puts into the stats and write-ups and he’s excited to get started. I’m just here to provide a breakdown of the league as we head into the season. And a little motivation too. I’m sure you’re all ranked too low, even those of you at the top.

Preseason Power Rankings

8 – Eastie Hoops – I’ve got no intel on this new squad so they’re ranked last by default. Paulo tried to put his team in the Corporate league but that location withdrew the rental and they’re one of the only teams to have gotten another spot. I hope they make the most of it, i’m always excited for next players to come into the CAC fold! 

7 – Batty for Chucking Shill Lobs – Not a lot of intel on this rookie squad either, but if Brad Canova is who I think he is, he’s probably spent the last decade crusading against high school officials who don’t call fouls on three point shots in the finals seconds of playoff games. His presence alone might get them out of the basement in this league, but we’ll have to wait and see

6 – Draft Kings – Offense has been a struggle for previous versions of the Draft King franchise. Will that turn around this season? I see a couple new names on the roster so I hope so! It also has a ton of guys. Most seasons I would think that’s an issue, but this Winter? Probably for the best

5 – TuneSquad – When was the last time I ranked a team with Jon Press in the bottom half of the league? The last couple seasons have a ‘wondering through the desert’ feel to them for this once proud franchise. Can Bobby C lead them out of it? He better add some bodies to the roster if he’s going to do it 

4 – WilmerHale – Attendance has been a struggle for WilmerHale the last couple seasons and that’s usually not good. However, it’s forced them to call upon the services of Phil Levine-Caleb, who has led them to respectability. I don’t see him on the roster to start the season, but don’t be surprised if he’s making an appearance by week 3 or 4 under CAC’s Hardship Exemption. This squad is filled with vets, and if Yavor can rally the troops, a .500 season is definitely in the cards.

3 – Bucket Boys – Since joining CAC in 2021, the Bucket Boys have shown brief flashes of championship potential. Unfortunately none of the flashes have actually come in the playoffs. Is this the season they put it all together? Every offseason they trim a name or two from the team and I think that might help tighten up the rotation just enough this season. Now in their third season together, will Marc-Aurele and Murk finally put it all together and win some playoff games? It’s gotta be title or bust right? it’s time for Murk to make a legit MVP push or maybe DeAntonis should break-up the core of Murk and AMA. I mean, they’ve had their chances right? They CLEARLY haven’t proven they can win anything together so it’s OBVIOUSLY time to make a trade. Yea, see it’s annoying isn’t it? How do you think JT and JB feel? god i hate #TradeSzn

2 – ORANGE – This should be the league’s highest scoring team. When they’re clicking on all cylinders they’re impossible to stop. The D has to focus so much on MVP candidate Al Williams that it lets guys like Ben Childs and John Kelly feast from downtown. I’m expecting a full season from Micah Evans now that he’s healthy, and he’s great at creating turnovers and leading a fast break. Unlike most guys (or, you know, me) he’ll convert on the other end in traffic. Just an all around great squad here.

1 – Long Pigs – This team finished first in their division last season before being upended by ORANGE in the playoffs. In retaliation, Drew Debari went out and added one of the best shooters CAC leagues have ever seen in Marcin Papla. Now, I don’t know the state of Papla’s jumper and he did only play that one season back in 2013, but it’s not a name you forget. He’s STILL the record holder for most 3s in a B2 5v5 game (16) nearly a decade later. In fact, it hadn’t even been TIED until this past season. Guy Pistone should lead the league in assists feeding him and Stanowicz. I don’t think we’ve ever had 3 legit MVP candidates on one team before. It’s Championship or Bust for this squad.

Woohooo! updated signatures and avatars! Finally - edit your profile people - http://www.cacbasketball.com/d.....on/profile 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 110

Currently Online: leveejy, calvinstahl
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

#KapVP: 4435

HTD1223: 2692

docspauld: 2388

damruff: 2203

Mazz63: 1955