BDraft Spring 2022 Week 6 Preview and Lines | CAC League Discussion | Discussion

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
BDraft Spring 2022 Week 6 Preview and Lines
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
June 16, 2022
12:23 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 2845
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ok….ok…….ok, this week got off to a late start and believe me when I tell you, it was all Ian Cundall’s fault. Therefore, a special thread will have to come next week or before the playoffs. We are on to week 6 and the Celtics play tonight, so if you want to forfeit, please do, especially the last game. TO THE LINES!

Sam-I-am vs. AMIR Guys 6:15p game:

Let’s call a spade a spade, my team’s season has been very disappointing and at times, downright depressing. We’ve had three guys, including myself get hit with COVID. I haven’t been able to throw any defensive or offensive adjustments, because we haven’t had the players there or the time. All of this adds up to a 1-5 record through 5 weeks. Sam-I-am on the other hand has been good when they’ve had everyone. Djordje, still leads the league in Player Rating, which all the “star” players should continued to feel embarrassed about. Myer, has been great, when he isn’t fouling and after 2 years, the real Pollock might be standing up. Speaking of which……

I fully expect Pollock to go off in this game, but not because Kap isn’t a great defender, but because everyone formerly on my teams loves to use my advice when they play against me and only during those times. Therefore, I’m setting Pollocks line of attempted 3s at 10 and his made 3s at 4. My team’s defense has sucked so far this season, which isn’t great when you’re playing Myer and a bunch of guys who like to run off every possession. I’ll have to think of something to stop this, because if this game is a track meet, then we’ll lose. 

I suspect Ian will have Myer on Joel and Djordje on Rich. That leaves him and Pollock on Kap and myself. I’m sure anyone can guess who will guard who there. Those are tough match-ups for my squad, but I think we can score if we bring the energy. Never forget we have the secret weapon, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMIR! However, it would be foolish of me to think Sam-I-am isn’t a big favorite in this game and they are. If Ian was doing this preview he’d say “Harry will have some type of zone” and he’d be wrong. Straight up man bitch. 

Sam-I-am -9.5 over AMIR Guys

Size Matters vs. Above the Rankings 7:05p Game:

This will be the ultimate clash of styles as Size Matters, takes on the wing army of Above the Rankings, featuring Robel. Both of these teams are coming off tough losses the week before, with Size Matters looking to get back into the contender mix to pick their first round opponent. The match-up that will get all my attention in this game will be Robel against Manny.

Robel and Manny are probably the two biggest, strongest guys in the league. Manny, will usually be able to count on getting his missed shots back down low, but that will be a lot tougher with Robel on him. He’s not going to be able body his way to boards, but he does have the better foot speed. The problem with this Manny though, is I haven’t quite send the foot speed or lateral quickness or pre-COVID Manny. Manny, was just been using his size to secure second chance opportunities and score inside the paint. I expect this to be a stalemate both ways, which I think favors ATR, because they don’t count on many Robel buckets.

The other match-up I’m looking at is Harding vs. Weinstein. Weinstein, must have caught on to my steroid allegations, because he looked human last week in a loss. I don’t like this match-up for him either, because Weinstein struggles with athletic guards on him, who can match his strength. Pollock always does a great job on him and Harding is very similar to Pollock in his physique, plus both play good defense. I’ve said all season long that Weinstein is the key to this team with his scoring and when he can’t get buckets, they’re in trouble.

Size Matters does have some size mismatches in this game, but Nestler doesn’t post, so his size doesn’t matter on offense. I could see Noah getting some buckets down low in the post, if they focused on him. However, I don’t think Size Matters has enough buckets in this game. I’m going to say Jamil’s team will pull off the upset.

Above The Rankings -3 over Size Matters

Rare Form vs. Letalien Calsone 7:55p Game:

Rare Form, is coming off a rare win, ZING! Letalien Calsone, also picked up a big win against another contending team last week. Both of their opponents were missing guys and LC got to play 40 minutes of their starters, so take those wins for what they are. 

LC’s offense has been on fire as of late, with super Civale going nuts and the combo of Masone/Calvin wrecking havoc on every team’s defense. I don’t see that stopping this week either. Rare Form, was pretty good defensively, but Harding wasn’t there for his team and Robel only played a half. Rare Form, didn’t have Nate the Great, but he isn’t known for his defense either. Someone on Rare Form, who isn’t a known defender, is going to have to take one of the Calvin/Masone/Civale trio. This should open up the offense of LC and Rare Form also plays pretty quickly, so the pace is going to be there for LC. 

Rare Form’s biggest offensive problem is that they’re bad from 3-point line, which isn’t great when you don’t have an interior presence to get you easy buckets inside. They are doing a lot of relying on guys to drive to the cup and free up shots from deep. Howard, does a good job of this and his playmaking will be crucial in this game. Although, I expect Calvin to be on him and the other team’s best perimeter guy will always be Howard. Everything is going to be hard for these guys week in and week out.

Obviously, Nate’s team got unlucky with Lynch being ruled out. That sucks, but injuries happen and we move on. They picked up a win last week, but against a full squad they are in trouble. They need everyone to step up and play above board, especially against the better teams. I just can’t see them keeping up this week.

Letalien Calsone -12 over Rare Form

Motha Lovers vs. Fly Jet Fly 8:45p Game:

The saddest news coming out of this game will be that the Jet won’t be there for it. He is still suffering from his Monday injury at the hands of that monster, Cory Gans. Who would employ such a player? The good news, is that this team picked up their first win of the season, thanks ironically to the captain of the team they’re playing this week, Chas. I still think FJF has the talent to contend in this league and hopefully, Jet will be the only one out or they could forfeit and we could go home to watch the Celtics. 

Jet or no Jet, these guys don’t have anyone who can guard Casey on this team. I suppose you could have Dwyer take the assignment, but I’m sure I want Dwyer guarding someone as active as Casey all game. Ini will shut Koller down, so I don’t see a problem there. If Etheridge is there, he’ll be fine on Motha. I actually think Etheridge could go off in this game. Motha, will definitely underestimate his ability and play lazy D. We just need the Etheridge of older days to show up and this will be the game he breaks out. GUARRRRRRRRRRRRANTEE!

Motha lovers, have looked pretty good in recent weeks. They are definitely a contender, but their combo of lazy and caring defenders has been an interesting mix through 5 weeks. I wonder if Chas knows who his best 5 guys is? Who will be closing out the big games Koller and Casey? That’s something I’ll be keeping an eye on as there’s an interesting mix of guys on this team. They should be able to run all over FJF in this game. I see lots of transition opportunities, which plays into Casey’s game. 

I hope we get an almost full squad game here, because it could get fun. I can’t pick against Motha Lovers though, they have the vastly superior record and their attendance is a lot better. I might start asking Etheridge to send me an injury report each week.

Motha Lovers-13.5 over Fly Jet Fly

5v5 Draft W22 Champs "Eagle Fang"......5v5 Draft West S21 Champs and Unofficial Uni Champs "Get Rich, Die Trying".....Old League Champs S19 "Nice for what?"...…..BDraft F16 3Peat Champs "Evolution".....BDraft S16 Repeat Champs "Visionaries".....BDraft W16 UNI Champs "Foreign Fanatics" (BDraft W16 East Undefeated Champions "Sorry for Jabari")......Kap 2v2 Invitational Champion.......

June 21, 2022
11:34 am
Members

Team Flies to win without the Jet

The last game of the evening, that we all hoped would never happen, was between Fly Jet Fly and the Motha Lovers. For once, Etheridge’s team wouldn’t be the ones short-handed as Motha Lovers were missing Chas, Casey and Kodra. If any of them were at the Celtics game, they are all suspended 4 weeks for killing the Celtics season. Andre, would be their fill-in. TO THE ACTION!

The clock was shortened to 18 minute halves to get us the fuck out of here in time to see the Celtics die. The Motha Lovers defense looked like it wanted to get out of here right away as Etheridge and Ghost connected 4 possessions in a row for buckets. Not shocking at all to see someone rack up the assists on passes to Ghost alone. Ghost, had himself a good match-up against Motha, who isn’t as active as Ghost. Ghost, is a pain in the ass to run with for anyone, especially those not fleet afloat like myself. 

Without their leading scorer, the Motha Lovers offense looked pretty sloppy. Motha, led the team with 11 first half points, on a lot of shots. Even with a bunch of guys out, Koller had himself a slow start. A continued trend in the season for Koller, who usually comes out cold to start games. His 2 assists did the lead the team in the first half though and despite the bad offense half for these guys, they were hanging close.

Fly Jet Fly went into the half up 32-25, but that lead was kind of close for a game that felt out of reach. If I had just watched the first half, I would have thought the lead was in the double digits. Would this matter? Spoiler alert, no. BACK TO THE ACTION!

Koller, awoke from his first half coma and led both teams with 19 second half points. The Fly Jet Fly defense wasn’t up to par in the second half and started letting up some easy hoops. Lucky for them, Koller was the only one able to take advantage. Everyone else on the team combined for 9 second half points and no 3s made.  

Despite not making a 3 or even attempting one, that’s right. You heard me right, Fly Jet Fly didn’t attempt a second half 3, which has to be a first in CAC history! Fly Jet Fly continued to protect their 8 point lead with buckets inside. Ini, hit a nice hook shot over Motha. Etheridge, awoke from his season long sleep, to finally bully his way to buckets inside. They had a lost of match-ups to choose from and took advantage of them on the inside.

The lead increased to double digits as he hit the wanning moments of this game, but a late surge and some stupid passes started to bring this game into the respectable realm. That’s where we ended it. 61-53 Final Fly Jet Fly.

Grades

Etheridge A: This is more like it, I’d like to see some more points though. 

Ini B-: Stats look ok, but I didn’t feel the usual impact I’m use to.

Ghost A: This is your peak Ghost game, 20 points and 9 boards.

Kenny Trick or Treat: Tricking! I’m going to have draft this kid to save his career, then not trade him.

Dwyer B-: Might as well copy and paste what I put for Ini here. 

Motha Lovers

Motha D: D for defense, which isn’t in Motha’s vocabulary. 

Koller B+: Finished the game with a very good line, but waited a bit too long to build it. 

Taha C+: Really struggled from deep, especially in the second half. Did do some electric things though.

Andre B: Solid fill-in, especially considering he had 40 minutes of guarding someone a lot bigger than him. 

5v5 Draft W22 Champs "Eagle Fang"......5v5 Draft West S21 Champs and Unofficial Uni Champs "Get Rich, Die Trying".....Old League Champs S19 "Nice for what?"...…..BDraft F16 3Peat Champs "Evolution".....BDraft S16 Repeat Champs "Visionaries".....BDraft W16 UNI Champs "Foreign Fanatics" (BDraft W16 East Undefeated Champions "Sorry for Jabari")......Kap 2v2 Invitational Champion.......

June 21, 2022
10:46 pm
Members

Only Size doesn’t matter

The second game of the evening was between Above The Rankings and Size Matters. Above The Rankings, would have a rare game where everyone was here and on time! HOORAY! Size Matters was missing Weinstein and Mals, who I haven’t seen since we met in the Garden bathroom for Bucks-Celtics game 5. To make matters worse, Noah claimed he was coming, but didn’t show. Therefore, we got 40 minutes of Silva for SM. TO THE ACTION!

Silva, was an immediate upgrade from Noah as he started the first half by knocking down a couple of 3s. However, this offense looked worse for the wear without Weinstein there. He’s the engine on this team’s offense and without him running all over the place, forcing the defense to move, they can zone in on the Manny/Nestler combo. However, Nestler and Manny were doing a good job of attacking the paint and scoring. 

On the other end of the floor, it was the Harding and Jamil show. Both guys were doing a good job of taking advantage of their match-ups and getting out into transition. Harding, got hot from deep and Jamil attacked Silva inside the paint. It’s going to be up to these two to bring the offensive effort every week, since they’re the two more consistent offensive threats.

ATR went into the half leading this one. No Noah, who automatically just got himself disqualified from GM of the year by no showing his team. BACK TO THE ACTION!

Raphael, took over the second half with some crafty passing to his guys for easy buckets. He led both teams with 5 assists. It’s nice to have an extra guy, whose position is a big, that can handle the ball for you. It opens up some new avenues to scoring and this team needs that. He will need to score a little more too, if these guys want to be contenders.

SM started to struggle more with scoring in the second half Silva, would cool off a little bit and Andrew G. wasn’t able to find a hoop. This made Manny desperate to score, so he tried scoring on his own hoop. Yes, you heard me, I didn’t see what originally happened, but Manny tried to score on his own hoop and Abreu stopped him. Why he did is anyone’s guess? 

SM just couldn’t score enough to hang in this game. Manny and Nestler were actually pretty good offensively, but it wasn’t enough. Both these guys have to find the extra level in games like this. 61-52 Final ATR

Grades

Nestler B: Nestler, really filled up the box score in this game, BUT couldn’t connect from deep and didn’t really score enough. 

Andrew G. D-: I don’t like giving the 6th man these low grades, but I need more than nothing when he’s playing 40 minutes.

Manny B-: Make your free throws Papa Bear and don’t try to score on your own goal.

Silva A: What more do you want than 4 threes? 

ATR:

Ian C: I got use to him hitting threes and he didn’t, so I’m sad.

Jamil B+: Good Jamil scoring game, just wasn’t consistent from three.

Harding A: Great shooting night from the line and behind it. 

Abreu D+: He’s got more than what I saw from him in this game. 

Raphael B: Needs to make his free throws, but he dished 5 assists, which was better than anyone.

June 22, 2022
12:21 am
Members

Not so Rare Form

Rare Form came into this game like they have every game so far this season, out gunned and out manned. Jamil, would fill-in for them until Nasty Nate got there. LC, was only missing their captain, who went to the Cs game and is now suspended for the rest of the regular season. It’s for his own safety guys! 

There was nothing good to say about Rare Form in the first half, because they couldn’t get a shot to fall. I’ve commented on their struggles from deep, but they struggled from every where in the first half. I don’t have the stats, but feel free to assume they went like 1 for a 100 from 3. These guys just don’t have someone who can score and get the offense going. It’s an uphill battle every week as everyone tries to adjust to being moved up a role on this team.

LC wasn’t much better, especially Calvin who hasn’t made a 3 on Thursdays since 8th grade gym class. Masone, was also uncharacteristically off as well, only having 9 points on the game. Maybe he had a huge bet on the Cs he was worried about? Hanks, did a good job of shouldering the load though, hitting a couple 3s.

LC went into the half up 28-12, yuck! Everyone in the gym was probably wondering why wee were missing the start of the Cs game for this crap. BACK TO THE ACTION!

Through sheer force of variance, Rare Form, started to show some signs of life in the second half. Cavano, Glynn and Howard would each a hit 3. Glynn, would actually lead his team in scoring at 16. He’s been playing really well during these tough times for Rare Form. They just can’t afford to have anyone have an off night as Nate struggled the entire game trying to score on Masone. 

Rare Form had some good runs in the second half, but the game never really felt in danger for LC. Hanks, was hitting all his jumpers and when he didn’t, Calvin had some strong drives to the cup, WITH THE LEFT! Also, LC did a really good job of cleaning up the defensive boards. They had 3 guys with double digits rebounds, which is a testament to great boxing out and lots of bricks from the other team.

The score looked closer than it was, as KD blew the game over with Masone on a breakaway drive to the hoop. 55-49 Final LC

Grades

Calvin B: Another bad game from 3, good game inside and getting others involved (except for Masone). 

Hanks A+: Drink it in buddy, because you might not hit 4 threes the rest of the season.

Cameron B: Everything is good, except his jump shot. I want to see some better shooting on what are good looks.

Masone D: I don’t know why he had 9 points, so I’m going to say for no good reason. 

Pan C: Like most everyone else on his team, I’d like him to make. a 3.

Rare Form

Cavano A+: It occurred to me while writing this that I don’t give enough credit to Cavano for never giving up during games and always playing hard. So, here it is.

Nate D: Nate came late and wasn’t good for any for it. They need his scoring.

Howard C: Nate and Rondell are the two guys on this team capable of more. Rondell also takes a lot of deep 3s for someone who isn’t a 3-point shooter. 

Glynn A: If you’re a bench player usually and lead your team in scoring, you get an A.

June 22, 2022
1:18 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 125

Great coverage as usual. It must be tough to keep up with it when the participation on the message boards is even worse than at the games! I don’t think we’ve played a game yet this season where both teams were whole…. guess we got a lot of popular guys in this league!

Thinking ahead, this is quite the plot line for the playoffs. It’ll make choosing your opponent even more of a challenge for the top 3 teams unless everyone is forced to provide an accurate attendance report. 

F21 #5v5DraftWest Champs (Uni R-U), OPOY ||| 1T: F21 / 2T: W22, W22

June 22, 2022
1:21 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 125

Raphael, took over the second half with some crafty passing to his guys for easy buckets. He led both teams with 5 assists. It’s nice to have an extra guy, whose position is a big, that can handle the ball for you. It opens up some new avenues to scoring and this team needs that. He will need to score a little more too, if these guys want to be contenders.

Big Raphael fan! He makes the game a lot easier when he’s on the court. 

F21 #5v5DraftWest Champs (Uni R-U), OPOY ||| 1T: F21 / 2T: W22, W22

June 22, 2022
5:13 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 902

HTD1223 said

The clock was shortened to 18 minute halves to get us the fuck out of here in time to see the Celtics die.

….a late surge and some stupid passes started to bring this game into the respectable realm

That 4 minutes could have been the difference for our surge! A nice what-if, since it’s not disprovableLaugh

As a consolation for losing 4 of the 40 game minutes, we should all have our stats boosted 10%. Just objective thinking.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 110

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

#KapVP: 4463

HTD1223: 2845

docspauld: 2395

damruff: 2203

Mazz63: 1964