BDraft Spring 2022 Week 8 Preview and Lines | CAC League Discussion | Discussion

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
BDraft Spring 2022 Week 8 Preview and Lines
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
June 30, 2022
1:14 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 2879
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Alright alright alright, let’s get this show on the road. I was waiting for the captains to put out their starting line-ups, but these guys have no control of their teams. It’s like their the GMs of every team Kyrie is on. Show some leadership you bums! It’s week 8 and playoff implications are off the DAMN CHARTS as three teams have a 5-2 record at the top of the standings. Who wants the gift of playing Nate’s team? Who wants to make the horrible mistake of choosing my team? COME ON YOU COWARDS! TO THE LINES!

Motha Lovers vs. Letalien Calsone 6:15p Game

Playoff implications gaaaaaaaaaaalore here as Motha Lovers take on Letalien Calsone to see who will have the tiebreaker between the 2 and almost certainly lock up at least the 2nd pick spot. Right off the bat today I saw texts from Civale claiming he doesn’t know who’s in for his team. Well, I know Calvin is out, but is Masone out too? Chas said that Casey is out, so this game is probably going be a big man feast of sweaty bodies hitting each other. I’m already excited! 

I would say that Calvin and Masone are worth more than Casey. However, if Masone is there, I have to give the edge to LC. Masone, will be a match-up nightmare for Chas and I don’t think Kodra can stay with him all over the floor. Although, I would probably give Kodra the first shot at defending him in this game. His long reach might disrupt Masone’s shot and force drives into the big men in the paint. The last time these two teams met he was the leading scorer between both teams by far.

Speaking of the last time these two teams met, Motha Lovers laid a huge egg on the offensive side of the floor. Almost everyone had a bad night trying to score the rock, except Motha who had 17 on a whole lot of shots. Obviously, you can’t expect that kind of effort from the entire team again. However, Casey opens up the floor who his entire team and without him there, it’s going to shrink a lot. The best they can do is try to get out in transition, but who’s going to be the lead ball handler. Chas, is good at pushing the ball, but sometimes he doesn’t know where he’s going. They have to do a better job this game of finding easier buckets.

This going to sound obvious, but I’ll say it anyways, the bench guys are going to decide this game for both teams. Cameron, has been a defensive force his team and might be guarding Koller in this one. He did good on Myer and Koller isn’t as tough to guard, so he might be able to lock up Koller. That means Kodra will have to get aggressive with his shot and Taha, coming off the bench will need to score as well. My gut tells me the LC bench will be more up to the challenge in this game and if Masone is there, I’ll pick them.

Letalien Calsone -3.5 over Motha Lovers

Rare Form vs Size Matters 7:05p Game:

Rare Form has a bunch of problems and I don’t see them getting better as they take on Size Matters, whose only problem is their captain. That and the case of missing Frank Mals. Where is this man? Anyways, last time these two teams played Nick Lynch was there, but Cavano wasn’t, so I guess those two equal out *snickering*. Size Matters, would win the game in comfortable fashion. Nestler and Manny dominated in the back court, how will things change this week?

The best thing about Rare Form this season is Cavano’s stat line. He has an impressive 20ppg, 16 RPG, 1 APG, 1SPG, 1BPG. That’s one of hell of a season from young Christopher, which reminds me of first season post COVID where he couldn’t make a lay-up for our entire season. Just couldn’t even hit the rim on them. So, way to keep your head up kid! Ryan Glynn, has been playing pretty good too. However, this match-up isn’t great for them. They are undersized in the post as teams have been proving week after week. They aren’t great at defending the perimeter and the Nate/Howard combo hasn’t been playing great ball at all. They need a resurgence about 2 games ago. 

Size Matters somehow finds themselves at 3-4 on the season, which is interesting, because their top 3 guys are performing at or above their level of play. Nestler, Weinstein and Manny are producing every week out there. However, with Frank gone missing and Noah being out a lot, they’ve had to play a lot of 40 minute, 4 player games. Not the best thing in the world, especially when one of your 4 is your 6th man (unless it’s AAAAAAAAAAAAMIR). If they can get some stability in their starting line-up, I expect them to be contenders. 

I just don’t have high hopes for this game. Cavano has played great, but he’s probably to have Nestler on him, which is his worst match-up in the league. That leaves the scoring burden on everyone else and everyone else has proven they can’t do it. I wouldn’t put it past Nate to just show up and score 30, but I need to see it with my own 2 eyes first.

Size Matters -11.5 over Rare Form

7:55 PM Above the Rankings vs. Amir Guys (Ian, obviously)

Closing out the night we’ve got a rematch of one of the more exciting games of the season. Back in week two these two teams matched up and Joel hit a go ahead three with 1.6 seconds left after a free throw violation gave them the ball back. Fast forward to today and this is a pretty important game for seeding purposes if Amir Guys wants to get out of the bottom half of the table and if Above the Rankings want to grab a top three seed. 

The first time these teams played, Amir Guys didn’t have Rich and Above the Rankings didn’t have Robel or Martins. Rich is a big, but isn’t the most physical presence in the post. Robel on the other hand is very physical down there and Martins also provides length and physicality on defense. As a result, I don’t think we will be seeing much of post Harry or Rich like they did last week. That was a key to their offense last week, so hopefully Joel coming back and Kap will be able to get them more offense from the perimeter. If Rich can even put up 2/3 of the performance, he did last week, they will be in good shape as well. Last week he was aggressive and didn’t force that many shots on his way to his best game of the season. Above the Rankings is one of the better defensive teams in the league so a similar performance will be needed for Amir Guys to consistently score.

On defense, Amir Guys focus will be stopping Harding. Harry led teams have had success against Robel in the past, so I expect he will have something up his sleeve to stop him. Harding will be more difficult after he dropped 33 last time. I expect Joel to guard him if Harry plays man to man, but I wouldn’t rule out him throwing a wrinkle like a triangle and one in with either Joel or Kap shadowing Harding. The one concern I would have with that setup is rebounding. Rich will grab his share of boards, but Robel, Martins and Xavier all crashing the offensive boards could be tough to stop.

For Above the Rankings the key as always is who provide secondary scoring beyond Harding. Jamil, Raphael, Xavier and Robel are all capable of dropping double digits, but looking at the box scores, it seems one or two of them have a good game each week, while the others are quiet. Harding will get his 30 points per game, but if the others don’t step up, they likely won’t have enough scoring. Looking at the matchups, I suspect Xavier could be in for a good game. Harry will likely dare him to shoot and if he can hit a few jumpers it could open up driving lines to the hoop. Defensively, the matchups for Above the Rankings are somewhat interesting. I suspect Raphael will take Rich and Robel will take Harry, but just stand in the paint and play help. That leaves a combo of Harding, Jamil and Xavier to take Joel and Kap. Joel is a tricky matchup for those guys, but if you know that Robel is behind playing help he’s a little easier to guard. 

If this game is anything like the first one we should be in for a good one. Both teams need a win and assuming full attendance I think they matchup pretty well, even if they play contrasting styles. I think Above the Rankings is the slight favorites, but Amir Guys keep it close and cover.

Amir Guys +6.5 vs. Above the Rankings

5v5 Draft W22 Champs "Eagle Fang"......5v5 Draft West S21 Champs and Unofficial Uni Champs "Get Rich, Die Trying".....Old League Champs S19 "Nice for what?"...…..BDraft F16 3Peat Champs "Evolution".....BDraft S16 Repeat Champs "Visionaries".....BDraft W16 UNI Champs "Foreign Fanatics" (BDraft W16 East Undefeated Champions "Sorry for Jabari")......Kap 2v2 Invitational Champion.......

June 30, 2022
2:43 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 906

Attendance bloodbath this week.

Game 1 looks like it will be heavy on size and light on perimeter players. No Casey is tough for our offense, but they’ll have similar issues and I think we’re in better position to pull this one out (and get control of the 1 seed). 

Unless Size Matters is completely depleted with absences, gotta pick them in game 2. Tough times for Rare Form, although I do like seeing Cavano with the latitude to get a ton of shots up.

Amir Guys certainly had a nice win last week, and they did beat AtR in week 2, so this is def a winnable game. But if AtR has most of their guys, I’ll go with them in this one. Their defense has been good lately and I’d want to see more from Amir Guys before considering their win last week actually indicative of future performance.

June 30, 2022
2:51 pm
Members

I should have told Ian this, but Harding is out tonight. Kap out for us. 

5v5 Draft W22 Champs "Eagle Fang"......5v5 Draft West S21 Champs and Unofficial Uni Champs "Get Rich, Die Trying".....Old League Champs S19 "Nice for what?"...…..BDraft F16 3Peat Champs "Evolution".....BDraft S16 Repeat Champs "Visionaries".....BDraft W16 UNI Champs "Foreign Fanatics" (BDraft W16 East Undefeated Champions "Sorry for Jabari")......Kap 2v2 Invitational Champion.......

July 5, 2022
12:42 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 100

Above the Rankings continues their rise over Amir Guys

Closing out week eight we had a pair of teams who needed a win squaring off. Amir Guys was trying to get out of the bottom half of the standings and Above the Rankings was looking to grab a top three seed. Both teams were understaffed in this one with Harding and Raphael out for Above the Rankings and Kap and Maz out for Amir Guys. Too the action!

Both teams started off cold in what was a very slow-paced game. For Amir Guys we saw the return of point Harry with Kap out as he was running (walking) the offense and directing traffic, while Jamil was doing the same for Above the Rankings. After five minutes we had a 7-7 game and I was hopeful things would pick up a bit. Rich was having trouble in the post, but was a beast on the boards and after an and-one and two Amir threes, Amir Guys found themselves ahead 18-13.

That lead was short lived, however as they would go ice cold and wouldn’t score for almost five in game minutes. Above the Rankings went on a 10-0 run during this time with Xavier scoring five straight at one point and Jamil getting going as well. Joel finally stopped the run, but two Jamil threes would push the lead to eight. Post Harry would stop the run again, but Harry was extremely cold from three, as was everyone but Amir on that squad. Some good work from Robel and Ian Marlier would push the lead further and at half time Above the Rankings led 34-21

The second half got going with a Harry three and then both teams really struggling to shoot. After hitting five threes in the first half, Above the Rankings would ‘t hit a single one in the second half. Similarly, Amir Guys would only hit two, so we had a lot of missed shots. Above the Rankings maintained a double-digit lead for the first seven minutes. They were playing good defense on Rich with Jamil locking him up, but eventually Rich and Joel both got going and started to chip into the lead. After a Rich and-one, the lead was cut to five at 42-37 and it seemed like we’d be in for a good finish. Robel would make back-to-back baskets to push the lead back to nine with 10 minutes left. Amir Guys wasn’t done, however as Amir knocked down a three to cut it to six. The teams traded baskets over the next few minutes and after some Jamil free throws it was 53-46 with four minutes left. Rich would score twice to cut it to five at 55-50, but unfortunately Joel would pull up hurt after an awkward jump. Rich made one last and one to cut it to four at 58-54, but a pair of free throws sealed it with the final score 60-54.

Above the Rankings

Robel B: 15/10 with good rim protection, but was quiet for stretches and cold from deep.

Xavier A-: Really nice game with 19/5/2/2. Showed more range than other games knocking down a pair of threes and mid-range jumpers.   

Jamil B: Balanced game with 15/6/4. Was cold from deep in the second half though which allowed Amir guys to hang around.

Ian A-: Really nice game from Ian who was very active on both ends grabbing a pair of steals and five rebounds, while also contributing seven points.

Amir Guys

Richard B: Final numbers look good, but struggled in the first half and allowed Jamil to body him in the post.

Joel B: Kept Amir Guys in the game for stretches, but struggled from deep. Hopefully his injury isn’t too severe.

Harry B-: We got to see Point Harry and Post Harry in the same game, but cold three-point shooting brings down grade.

Amir B+: Knocked down some key threes to keep his team in the game and passed the ball well.

July 5, 2022
12:54 pm
Members

Nate show overshadowed by Triple Double

I came into this game with low expectations and rightfully so. Rare Form, has struggled all season with attendance problems and then lost their number 1 pick. They just don’t have the firepower to compete and their other players, besides Cavano, haven’t showed up consistently to play. Rare Form, started the game with the usual form, only having four guys. Size Matters, welcomed back their lost boys, of Noah and Mals. TO THE ACTION!

I said before the game that Nate, was capable of a big scoring outburst, but hadn’t shown any of it this season. He came out looking to prove me wrong, splashing 3 after 3 in his opponent’s eyes. Nate was 5 for 8 from deep in the first half. Nasty Nate came to play on the offensive end of the floor and Cavano even added a couple 3s himself. However, Eloi and Ryan couldn’t provide any scoring. They ended the half with 32 points, which is incredible considering that Nate had 21 points himself. These guys feel like they have a butter knife at a gun fight.

The other side of the court was eating at the Golden Corral Buffet. Everyone was feasting upon their men, up and down the court. Size Matters, had three guys score in double digits in the first half. Nestler, was working on a triple double himself as he naturally picked this game to be aggressive going to the cup. I liked the aggression from him and I want to see it every game. Size Matters, would finish the half with 14 team assists. No unselfish play from these with the ball as they took advantage of everything that was given to them.

It was 51-32 SM going into the half. There wasn’t much hope to be had from Rare Form. They just can’t score enough to cut into a 19 point lead or play enough defense to get the stops required. This was now a pure pick-up style game. BACK TO THE ACTION!

Credit to Nate and Cavano who kept trying to score. To be fair though, they were pretty much taking every single shot as they should be. They did their best to keep the game close. Cavano, scored 17 second half points and Nate added 12 more. For those scoring at home, Nate and Cavano scored 61 of their team’s 67 points. Hell of an ask to win a game like that, with two guys scoring all your points and having to guard tough offensive players. Eloi, passed it well though, adding 4 assists. Eloi isn’t a scorer, so they needed more from Glynn in this game, who had been good in recent weeks.

With the game out of hand, SM just continued to pile up open looks. Nestler, got his triple double. Since, it was garbage time, Noah shined with 17 second half points. Mals, got himself a couple assists and Andrew added a bucket. Obviously, these guys are much better when everyone is there as opposed to having 4 guys every week. Not every game will be as easy as this one, but they are a contender when they have everyone there. 

Mercifully this game wound down to the end. SM took it by the final score of 94-67. Nice win for SM, another tough one for RF. Team Outlook:

Size Matters:

These guys are stuck in the 4-5 hole, since they lose all tiebreakers with their forfeit. I doubt any team will want to face them in round one, so if they end in the bottom 4, then they’ll probably end up with the last team to pick in round 1. I’d say they’re heading to a first round match-up against Above the Rankings.

Rare Form:

Their fate is pretty predictable as well, they will be the first team picked in round 1. Unless one team is dumb and you can never rule that out.

July 5, 2022
1:47 pm
Members

Good Sex Chas is unstoppable

Many people had their hopes up this week, but they were all immediately dashed when we found out that Letalien Calsone, was missing Masone, Hanks and Calvin. Apparently, Calvin is on a solo journey across the world to find his 3-point shot. Motha Lovers was missing Casey and their namesake. Djordje, would graciously fill-in, since his team wasn’t playing tonight. TO THE ACTION!

I have seen some miracles before, but I just witness in the first half of this game was beyond incredible. I wasn’t ready for this, let me tell you that and I don’t anyone else would have been either. Chas, drove down the court, with his first hand of course and instead of running around the court like a mad man, he went straight to the cup and finished with a righty lay-up. The very first of his life and I almost had to pause the game in amazement. Let this be a black mark for everyone on the other side, for letting this happen. Chas, wasn’t finished though! This kid was on fire, nailing a couple 3s and buzzing all over the court to score 20 first half points. No one else is even worth talking about with this kind of legendary, throwback Chas performance.

The guys wearing the jerseys that Chas wasn’t, took a huge dump all over the court in the first half. They looked like they might be playing the sport called basketball, but I’d like to object to that notion. Without their main facilitators and ball handlers, LC just looked lost out there. Super Civale, must have left his cape at home as looked more like Civale Kent out there. He went an ugly 0 for 5 from 3 in the first half and finished the game 0 for 8. The funniest part of the half was Djordje, getting constantly frustrated at the bad defense being played by his fill-in squad. Normally, the fill-in isn’t this animated, but Djordje wasn’t having it at all out there.

At the half Chas trailed LC 23-20, but with a whole half to play I had a feeling Chas might launch a comeback. BACK TO THE ACTION!

Chas was still hot from three after intermission, going 2 for 4 from deep in the second half, to match his first half showing. For some reason he also dished out 2 assists that didn’t help him close the gap. Nonetheless, Chas kept the game within the 3-6 margins. That’s when his team got a bit selfish though, as Taha and Koller attempted multiple 3s that missed the mark. Who knows what they were thinking taking those shots away from Chas during such a tight game? Koller, did try to make it up to Chas, grabbing a boatload of defense boards, 20 defensive rebounds for the game. 

Cameron, was Chas’s main obstacle in the second half, scoring 10 second half points and dishing out 3 assists. He did try to post Chas a couple times, but failed in his efforts. Djordje, added some buckets inside himself, scoring 8 in the second half. These guys were doing just enough to keep this a two possession game on Chas. They did start to get desperate though, as Djordje missed a free throw on purpose to try and get a rebound. The play worked for him, but what a crazy thing to do in such a game. What was this guy thinking? 

Thanks to crazy Djordje and his madness, LC was able to pull away from Chas. The final score was 50-36 LC, however according to league rules, we must add everyone else’s points on Motha Lovers. So, Motha Lovers win 86-50

Grades

Chas A++++: All Chas needs is that good sex to unlock his powers. 

Koller A+: I assume this is a career high in rebounds. 

Kodra B+: Offense was ok, but his defense was great.

Taha B-:  Chas stole much of his electricity, but he still played well. 

LC

Everyone gets an F-, including Djordje, for being a part of this game. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 110

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

#KapVP: 4464

HTD1223: 2879

docspauld: 2396

damruff: 2203

Mazz63: 1964