THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEE FRANCHISE LEAGUE W2020 | CAC League Discussion | Discussion

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEE FRANCHISE LEAGUE W2020
Topic Rating: +1 Topic Rating: +1 (1 votes) 
January 20, 2020
12:56 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 2487
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

WE'RE BACK BABY! The newest season of THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEE Franchise League has returned. We don't have a schedule or anyone to cover with me, but that hasn't stopped Tibbs from taking everyone's money so far. Last season's champions were......…...were...………..*checks league page*. I don't see a championship game box score, so I guess no one won the league last season. THEREFORE, I am declaring the winner of this season to be a TWO-TIME Champion. Yes, I have that power. @ Me!!!!!!!!!! I guess I'll do a week 1 preview, when you know, I have the schedule. Until then, let's take a look at all these teams, shall we?

Editor's Note: Send in your team names or I'll make them up for you.

Fightin' Nimrods

Cavano C

Kahana 16.5

Talbot 31.5

Landon 35.6

Me 1.6

Vinnny 1

The boys are back in town baby! The Nimrods minus Kerk *moment of silence*, will be running back the same team that went to the ship last season. With all the kinds of chemistry that come with it. That may be a big deal this season with so many teams taking on rookies we don't know about. I have no doubt we'll see a bunch of sandbags, but it's good to have some kind of continuity. Cavano, was a in tough spot, not having the kind of money everyone else does and losing some high priced guys to the captain pool didn't help. There wasn't as much chaos with free agency as in previous seasons, so everything kind of hit the status quo in this draft. 

Bully's Boys

Bully C

Frank 1.6

Pau Lagno 28

Jason Galante 1.2

Erik Bohling 4.5

Kerk 32.9

The rookie fest started with the Bully's team. Half the team is made up of guys I've never seen before and guys I rarely see, since they don't show up a lot (Hi Frank). Apparently, Lagno is suppose to be a bucket getter. Some people say he's Mazz with all of his bad qualities, but I don't know what that teams since Mazz doesn't have any good qualities. Sounds like this guy is going to shoot a lot, which doesn't feel like a great fit with Kerk and Bully, who need their looks. Frank's buddies are the other two rookies, one of them said he's a "team player", which is never a good sign. Any rookie who has ever put "team player", "looks for the open man", is more selfish than Nick Young during garbage time.

Chad

Chad C

Lerner  62.8

Tits 3.8

Coburn 1.6

Marcus 1.0

Calderan 18.7

Speaking of running it back, this team will be doing the same thing. Unlike last season, they can be properly ranked, since we know Tits is like this league's Draymond Green. Another year together will certainly help these guys along. They are going to run a lot, score a lot and piss someone off by pressing up 20 with 2 minutes left in the game. Easy decision to keep his team together for Chad. 

Cawley

Cawley C

Walker 14.5

Doyle 4.1

Jacque 13.9

Sisko 1.2

Gans 39.2

Cawley rejoined the captain ranks after trying to put together a "Team Fun Time" squad a few years back and had no fun doing it, so he quit that. He made a good first move, in getting Walker back, then ruined it by also taking Doyle back. They have a soild 6 guys though and withstand the loss of one or two from week to week, so he did a solid job. I think he's also played with everyone on his team at least once.

Koller

Koller C

Cundall 1.6

Buckley 1.6

Pendergast 55.0

Sam Boyles 3.1

Drew D. 9.5

Another team with two rookies I don't know. One of them did put "looks for the open man", which is obviously a terrible sign, so we'll have to keep an eye on that. Koller replaced Hof with Pendergast, which seems ok, until you realize they're two entirely different players on both ends of the floor. Cundall and Buckley are cheap pieces that will out produce their money. They look to be a solid team destined for 5-4 or better.

Jet

Jet C

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMIR 2.1

Leon 2.1

PIZZA 2.4

Civale 35.2

Nate 2.1

The flew into free agency, hungry to put together the same kind of championship teams he did in Old Draft. However, he found out auction draft is quite different than a snake draft. Players can choose someone else over you and teams can sneak in to take your guys. He did get Civale back, which helps and PIZZA is a good role player. Nate, Leon and of course AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMIR are great, but they probably have a long season ahead of them.

Hof

Hof C

McNabb 1.6

Sean 1

Afum 7.2

Big Ed 39.4

Djordge 6.1

Hof was a last second captain add, because no one (Cawley) realizes how easy it is for Hof to build the kind of team he wins with, but I digress. Hof did what he always does and got a couple bigs, along with a rookie friend we don't know about. He seems to be confident about his defensive ability, so that's good I guess for his team, because defense will be a problem. Big Ed should thrive on this team though whenever Hof passes it to him.

Casey

Casey C

Chas 5.1

Sam 1.0

Jeffrey 1.0

Carlo 1.0

MacDonald 50.0

Casey, is continuing his quest to put together old teams of mine to prove it was all my fault we didn't win the ship those seasons. MacDonald worked pretty well with Casey during our one season together, until he hurt himself before the championship game. Womp Womp Womp. Casey is the anti-Hof and doesn't believe he needs anyone tall to win, so he didn't take anyone tall. MacDonald will be guarding the entire world this season.

PRE-SEASON RANKINGS:

8. JET

My poor Jet..........My poor AAAAAAAAAAAAAMIR.....It's going to be a long season for these guys me thinks. I don't know how they're going to compete with the better wins and I'm kind of scared they might not win a game. The plus for them is that every week, every team is going to assume victory and not take them seriously. Pizza and Civale will be tough on the boads and we know the Jet will fly. I think they'll have opportunities to get some wins, but man will it be hard.

7. Bully

Like I mentioned above, I don't know many guys on this team, besides the big names of Bully, Kerk and Frank. This team is a complete wild card in my mind, so I'm putting them here. If this Paul guy is a big time chucker, I don't like that with Kerk and Bully. Two big men need someone to get them the rock. It's going to be an adjustment for the Bully not having Walker there for screens and MacDonald not feeding him the ball.

6. Casey

Casey and MacDonald will be quite the handful, but after that...…...Wooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhh boy. They don't match up particularly well with any team on the defensive end of the floor. MacDonald will be on the other team's best player, then Chas will be trying hard on someone else and after that, good look. There isn't any size on this team, besides Jeffrey, who is just size and my man Carlo. I think Carlo will have a good season here, with plenty of opportunities, but man defense every night will be tough. 

5. Nimrods

Losing Kerk will hurt us for sure, but Vinny had some decent games toward the end of the season when Gans wasn't there hogging the ball from him. Obviously, we have a defensive black hole in Old Man Kahana, but I think we get the old Cavano back this season. No more shitty regular seasons for Chris, he's going to get back to form and get us buckets. 

4. Koller

Without knowing the two rookies, especially if either of them can shoot, I have to put these guys here. Pendergast, is a good player and will improve this defense from last season, especially on the outside. However, boy is that paint going to be crowded. I can't see Cundall being the best shooter on a championship team. Buckley-Koller-Pendergast are quite similar in their offensive games. Every defense is going be deep in the paint against these guys. If their rookies can't shoot, I don't see a ship. 

3. Hof

Because I don't know his rookie friend, I'm going to put Hof in the three spot. Ed and Djorge are good pick-ups. The Ed and Hof PnR will be a problem, but this kid Afum will need to be good on defense. The reason Hof's team won last season was Buckley had the big three games of his life outplaying his guy on both ends of the floor. Afum will need to give a similar kind of effort. I do look forward to McNabb's blocks this season. 

2. Cawley

I think this team might be the most well-rounded, they can match-up nicely with any team in terms of size or speed. I'll have my eye on Jacque who can turn into a pumpkin on teams with a lot of help. Will we get aggressive bucket getting Jacque or the one who takes 1 three a game, then defers? I see a lot of potential if everyone on this team plays their role and if Cawley wants to be scorer.

1. Chad

This was an easy pre-season favorite. They dominated the regular season when Lerner was there for them, losing in the second round thanks to Hof and Buckley. They bring back the same team, so I expect similar regular season results. 

Old League Champs S19 "Nice for what?"...…..BDraft F16 3Peat Champs "Evolution".....BDraft S16 Repeat Champs "Visionaries".....BDraft W16 UNI Champs "Foreign Fanatics" (BDraft W16 East Undefeated Champions "Sorry for Jabari")......Kap 2v2 Invitational Champion.......

January 21, 2020
11:22 am
Members
Forum Posts: 863

Not having a schedule the day before the season starts is pretty annoying. 

I feel pretty good about my team. Yeah, adding Pendergast will make our spacing a bit of an adventure, but seemed the best option, and I think our defense and rebounding will be excellent. Rookies are a bit of a gamble, but from available intel, I am optimistic that they are pretty solid and will fit in reasonably well. 

Other thoughts:

• Chad with the exact same team should be good, although I do think they caught teams off-guard last season, so I'll be curious if the league 'adjusts' somewhat to their style at all.
  • Cawley's team looks strong and balanced, will be surprised if they don't end up in the top 3/4 at least. 
  • Hof will always be dangerous with bigs to rebound and protect the paint, although at first glance I'm not sure they're as good as previous Hof championship teams. Wild cards are Hof's absences and their rookie. 
  • Early guess: top 4 are contenders - champ will be one of those 4. 
January 21, 2020
12:43 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 92

Anyone have any decent rule proposals that could help new captains field a competitive team? Asking for a friend.

January 21, 2020
4:16 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 195

Without a schedule, predictions are hard... for some. I will predict winners based on the combined "known winner score (TM)" of each team.

1. Cavano - loss - story line of the season, do they have the "stuff" to get over the hump? Are they in a fog from another playoff loss? Has Kahana won anything since y2k?
  2. Chad - win - these guys are too fiesty, gutsy, scrappy (insert all the short white guy adjectives). KWS is through the roof.
  3. Koller - loss - last season proved Koller can win as a sit in the corner and watch type of guy, but can Dave average 40ppg?
  4. Hof - win - Ryan is the best teammate in the league and is a true winner and team player. Not Ryan Hof.
  5. Haas - win - Bobby will literally murder people and now they have a rookie who likes the taste of victory. This team seems primed for blood.
  6. Cawley - win - last time Cawley and I were together the greatest Franchise B team raised a trophy
  7. Jet - loss - Amir can only carry this team so far
  8. Casey - loss - question this season is who is Ben Mac without Mean Machine? Early hypothesis - nothing. Prove the media wrong.
January 21, 2020
7:02 pm
Members

snagyroc said last season proved Koller can win as a sit in the corner and watch type of guy

Cory, I assume you became an expert in sitting and watching after I sent you home in the playoffs by dropping 30 and 20 on you guys without Hof?

Hopefully Cawley and Walker can mitigate your team-killing flaws this season. 

January 22, 2020
5:56 am
Members
Forum Posts: 437

Thanks for kick starting the season, Harry.  Great preview of the teams.

My take on power rankings:

8 - Jet - First season captains generally do not fare too well.  Unfortunately for my man Jet this is a tradition that will continue.  At the very least, the team is filled with a group of really nice guys!

7 - Bully - Too many unknowns.  It will really come down to Lagno and if he can be the 20 ppg scorer that Haas drafted.  Maybe one of the other rookies steps up and makes this team a more well-rounded bunch?  This team has the most room for improvement on this list depending on rookies

6 - Casey - Casey knew who he wanted and made sure he was going to get him.  Let's hope he has a plan here.  Individually I love both him and Ben Mac, but together I'm not so sure.  They are both very ball dominate guards who create points themselves and feast in iso situations.  Carlo should get a lot of playing time and will contribute, but Carlo as your big man may spell some trouble for them against larger teams who run PnR offenses (Koller, Hof, Cawley).

5 - Cavano - What can I say that hasn't already been said the past 4 seasons?  This might be the last season that Cavano can put the same team together and make that title run.

4 - Cawley - I think we have the most well-balanced team in the league, but we are missing that one guy who can get us 30 points in a game when we really need it.  But with balance, I don't think we need it.  We will be able to pick on the mismatch each night and use great team play to pick and prod the defense in the half-court, and also run a smaller line-up when we need to get out and run.  The one big issue we may have is not having a premier perimeter defender to battle with Hof, Lerner, and Casey (I can't do it anymore)

3 - Hof - Having a guy who can give you 40 each night automatically puts you in the top half of the league.  Hof is trying to recreate the DXL team here with the two bigs and some complimentary shooters, but will they get their chances?  If Hof loses trust in any of the other guys he may try and do it all himself.  Ed and Djordje will have to learn how to run the PnR well for this to work, which I don't know if I have seen before.  Hof got his man Kwabena, so this could help swing things for this team if he can get some transition buckets and play hard defense - which I think is the biggest weakness of this team.

2 - Chad - It's been a while since I have seen Lerner play, but apparently he's still a stud.  I hear Titlebaum was a steal last season, so Chad got him on the nice rookie extension.  The rest of the team are the scrappy guards we all know and love, so the tenacity will always be there.  Obviously size is the issue here - but if they go balls to the wall running the transition they can get teams in a hole and never look back.  There's only one team that I think gives them issues:

1 - Koller - The biggest and most athletic collection of guys should be at the top of every power ranking.  This squad will lead the league in least amount of offensive rebounds, and that's huge for a league that misses a lot of shots.  Spacing could be an issue, but if they actually screen like they should, it's going to open up mismatches for Koller down low and lanes for Dave to drive.  Also, getting Dodakian was a steal I have been told.  When I asked some people who know him who is better between him and Titlebaum, I was told Dodakian - so there's that.  I hear Boyles is no slouch either. 

Week 1 predictions:

Basket Cases over Grey Mambas - The Mambas take a few weeks to get used to each other, so this one should be over early.  Lagno and Haas get hot from outside in the first half, but Koller makes some adjustments by putting Pendergast and his length on Lagno to take away the three and make him drive into the big men waiting for him. Pendergast gets out in transition for a ton of easy buckets off of tough interior defense by Basket Cases.  Basket Cases - 9.5 

Tenney over Nimrods - Cavano may be out for this one, so I would expect the defense to struggle mightily without him there.  Without Cavano, one of Casey, BenMac, and Carlo are going to have a mismatch that they can exploit.  As long as Casey and Ben don't get tunnel vision and try and iso the entire game they should be able to take care of business. Tenney -5.5

Hof over Junkyard Dogs - Hof gets buckets and Ed and Djordje lock down the paint on defense.  the Dogs try to combat this by shooting from outside, but have rust to shake off and can't make enough to combat the Hof barrage and Ed feasting in the post.  Hof -3.5

Cawley over Jet - Our team picks apart Jet by spacing out their big men with a ton of screens.  Gans knocks in a ton of threes and Walker/Sisko run PnR with our guards to open up the lanes.  Cawley -7.5

January 22, 2020
9:21 am
Members
Forum Posts: 250

bkoller297 said

snagyroc said last season proved Koller can win as a sit in the corner and watch type of guy

Cory, I assume you became an expert in sitting and watching after I sent you home in the playoffs by dropping 30 and 20 on you guys without Hof?

tenor.gifImage Enlarger

Stat Hore

*2x THE Franchise League Champion*
              S'18 | F'18

January 22, 2020
9:55 am
Members
Forum Posts: 195

bkoller297 said

Is there evidence of this stat line? I remember Buckley having the game of his life and a double OT thriller. Were you there too?

January 22, 2020
10:08 am
Members
Forum Posts: 3

The rest of the team are the scrappy guards we all know and love,

Nobody loves us, not even our own mothers.  

if they go balls to the wall

Very silly use of the word 'if' here. 

When I asked some people who know him who is better between him and Titlebaum, I was told Dodakian - so there's that. 

I've never seen Dodakian play... but I promise you this is blasphemy. 

----

Pumped to get this season started. I missed all of you - especially Harry.  Also the JYD needs a sub tonight as we only have 3.  

January 22, 2020
11:29 am
Members
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

Lines:

I don’t have time for a full preview on week 1, so you’ll get this and inject it into your veins. 

6:15p: BULLY VS. KOLLER:

Apparently, we have a sandbag alert already with Koller’s team? If this guy is like Tits that help Kollers team a lot, though shooting is still an issue. Even if you’re big and “athletic” it’s to score over two guys every times.

This could be an issue tonight, since I think Bully’s team will be on the big side. However, I don’t know the rookies, so it might not be. 

Its hard to predict this game with so many unknowns. Kollers team does have a lot more familiarity, so I’ll go with them week 1. I think bully’s team will need more time to jell.

Koller -4.5 over BULLY

CASEY VS. NIMRODS

As Cawley notes, we’ll be without Cavano, but also kahana and Landon are out. Which means we have 3, but wait GOOD GOD THATS KERKS MUSIC. He will sub for us in an emotional reunion from last season. 

This will be a tough one for us though, having to corral Ben and Casey without Cavano there. These two worked fine for me under my regime and I think it will work fine again. 

With half our team out, it will be tough for us to hang with their firepower. Not to mention week 1 Harry stamina will be rough. 

CASEY -5.5 over Nimrods

Chad vs Hof 7:55p:

This should be the funniest game of the night. Two good teams who like to get up and down the court. Chads team got eliminated by Hof last season, because they couldn’t guard him and I don’t think that has changed.

On the other end, Buckley isn’t here to hold down Lerner for Hof (Assuming he’s there). Chad said they’re down 3 guys, so if Lerner is out that makes the game easier for Hofs squad. 

Not knowing who’s in for Chads team has to swing the game Hofs way. Plus, Hofs team has a lot of size against a small team.

Hof -7 over Chad

Jet vs Cawley 8:45p:

Everyone likes to close their evening with some good PIZZA and that’s how we’ll close week 1. Unfortunately for team Jet, Cawley’s team will be the ones eating PIZZA. 

Like every week, this one will be a tough match-up for team Jet. Starting with who is going to Cawley? They really don’t have any good options. Cawley’s team has a bunch of good ones for Civale. However, I do expect the Jet to be Fllllllying. Will Nate get his nickname back??

Someone on team Jet is gonna need a big night here to compete and it just might be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMIR!

Cawley -11.5 over Jet

Old League Champs S19 "Nice for what?"...…..BDraft F16 3Peat Champs "Evolution".....BDraft S16 Repeat Champs "Visionaries".....BDraft W16 UNI Champs "Foreign Fanatics" (BDraft W16 East Undefeated Champions "Sorry for Jabari")......Kap 2v2 Invitational Champion.......

January 22, 2020
11:35 am
Members

snagyroc said

Is there evidence of this stat line? I remember Buckley having the game of his life and a double OT thriller. Were you there too?  

Surely you weren't hoping this was lost to history? Since you specifically asked...

(check our respective assist numbers too!)

Flattered by Cawley's ranking, although I think he's pumping us up a bit much. Also, found out that we'll be without our rookie Boyles for a little while due to injury.

Week 1 slate looks fun. Game thoughts:

• I think our defense will be strong and we'll be able to manufacture enough offense to beat out the Grey Mambas. 
  • Tough to predict game 2. Nimrods have some continuity/chemistry boost, while Tenney's squad will be more feeling things out. That said, Tenney and MacDonald can both create opportunities on their own, so could see that making a difference. If Tenney's team can be defensively disciplined and cohesive against Nimrods ball movement, I think they win it, but that's a big if. (EDIT: with Nimrods absences, firmly going with Tenney for this one)
  • Another good one, due in part to the potential Hof/Coburn matchup (although he might be one of JYD's absences). Last season, Coburn was exceptionally hacky/pest-y vs Hof, even for his standards. Clash of styles in matchups, although could be mitigated by JYD's absences. Tough to call without knowing who's there for JYD. With only 3, might be a prime opportunity for Hof and co.
  • Cawley over Jet. Tough week 1 matchup for Jet's team, and Cawley and co should be able to match up well on both ends.
January 22, 2020
11:46 am
Members
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

snagyroc said

Get it right Gans. It was rounds 2 and 3 where he rode his teammates co-tails to victory.

January 23, 2020
11:37 am
Members
  • My team pulled away from the Grey Mambas in the second half. I thought we looked good in the expected ways - strong defensively, overcame some half-court awkwardness with transition offense. Not a great statline for Lagno, but I think he missed some normally makeable shots and had to deal with active lengthy defense.
  • Heard mostly full-strength Tenney (no Chas) beat depleted Nimrods by 1. Even with a W, seems not super-encouraging for Tenney's squad, given the attendance. Talbot was doing serious work in the part of the game I saw.
  • Hof and co beat short-handed Junkyard Dogs (but with Lerner in attendance)
  • Comfortable win for Cawley's team
January 23, 2020
1:24 pm
Members
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

Lerner's 52 points not enough for Hof's 64 point record setting night

I expected this game to be a good one, both of these teams are contenders and share some bad blood over Hof getting rid of them in the playoffs last season. I knew Chad's team would be short-handed, but luckily for us, Lerner was there. Hof's team had everyone. TO THE ACTION!

This game started off with Hof and Lerner playing in their own one-on-one game. Each guy was trading hoops with the other. Hof's team had the interesting strategy of abandoning Lerner on the 3-point line for a couple possessions in a row. To the surprise of everyone, that didn't work at all. Chad had the Hof assignment and just couldn't keep up with him, due to the height difference. If you can't challenge a shooter's shot, then you can't challenge him from scoring. 

Eventually, the teammates of both scorer's would join the game. Sean hit a three off the bench for Hof and Chad was able to convert some shots at the rim. As you can tell from the score, the pace of the game was very fast, allowing (Hof and Lerner) both teams to get up a lot of looks. Neither team seemed interested in changing their defensive strategies either.

Ed, would mix in some nice blocks on Lerner attempts to slow his game just a bit as the Hof barrage continued and allowed his team to open up a lead. They would go into the half up 44-38. Djordje had some nice finishes at the rim as well for his squad, but teammate Afum struggled from deep. 

Somehow, the second half would pick up the pace even more in this game. Calderan started coming on strong for his team, getting his shot going from deep and even working the mid-range game. Calderan, went 3 for 6 from deep in the second half. He was giving the team the scoring it needed to get back in this game. Chad's team had fallen behind by 14 thanks to the guy with all the points, but answered back almost immediately with a big run of their own. Naturally, this coincided with a Hof technical, after he got annoyed at Chad's constant hacking. 

It was 73-73 at the 8 minute mark of the game. I actually thought we had a chance to get both teams to a 100 points with free throws, but Chad's team started racking up quite a bit as the half progressed. A major issue for a team with 4 guys and the 6th foul on anyone resulting in a technical. After Chad's team enjoyed a short lead, Hof responded with some trey balls. Lerner, had finally switched him to at this point and was doing an OK job for the beginning of the stretch. Then Hof figured him out a bit.

Ed hit a big bucket down the stretch to give his team the lead in a relatively quiet game for him. Hof seized control of the game with some buckets of his own and we went into foul time. McNabb and Ed missed some free throws, but Hof's team was able to secure a couple O-boards. Apparently, there was controversy on one, with Hof's team going in early, but no call. 

Chad's team get a steal and almost cut it to three, but missed the lay-up. Then the ball rolled down half the court and his Lerner in the back of the legs. He was turned around for some reason and Hof recovered, then scored. That was all she wrote. 98-91 Final

Grades

Hof A+: 64 points gets you an A+, he did almost get himself kicked out of this game, but it didn't happen. 

Ed B-: Ed had his best free throw night ever, but I expected more out of him in this game. He had an edge down low. 

Afum C: He got his boards, but looked very rusty from deep.

Djordje B-: Same category as Ed, got it stripped a few times down low too. Keep the ball up big man.

Sean C+: Got himself one trey.

McNabb B-: McNabb had a crucial board down the stretch to win this game.

Chad's team

Marcus C: A lot of points in this game to come away with zero.

Chad D+: It isn't fair that he had to guard Hof, but he's the captain and could have tried something different.

Calderan A: I don't think you can ask more of Calderan here. Great scoring game.

Lerner A: 52 points gets you an A, though I think he should have moved to Hof a lot sooner in the game.

January 23, 2020
2:27 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 47
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

"Chad's team get a steal and almost cut it to three, but missed the lay-up. Then the ball rolled down half the court and his Lerner in the back of the legs. He was turned around for some reason and Hof recovered, then scored. That was all she wrote. 98-91 Final"

We stopped playing because the ref stopped giving effort. Stood at mid-court and made no calls. There was a lot of whining in this game by both sides and Hof was saying a lot of inappropriate stuff to Chad and by the end of it the ref stopped giving a fuck.

January 26, 2020
9:07 pm
Members
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

Alright guys, I'm going to condense these next three games of write-ups. Today sucks, the week has sucked and 2020 sucks so far. I'd apology for the short write-ups, but I wouldn't mean it. Also, I have to do my own game, so shove off.

Team Fake Harry Squad topples Nimrods

We were missing a bunch of guys, cavano-kahana-landon were all out. Kerk was gracious enough to do a double header for us. We got off to a horrible start early on, both defensively and offensively. Safe to say I didn't have my wind and Kerk was already tired. MacDonald and Casey did their thing in transition and got themselves a bunch of easy baskets.

Talbot finally got cooking despite missing a lot of shots from deep. It's good to see him aggressive, I want this Talbot there all season long. He found me for some easy buckets off PnRs. It was good stuff. Carlo and Sammy Big boards chipped for their squad with nice baskets off Macdonald/Casey passes. 

Somehow we battled back to make this a game in the second half. Casey couldn't connect from deep and with me playing a hundred feet off MacDonald offense got harder for them. We had the ball down 1 and Kerk couldn't connect from deep. Tough loss, moral win, yada yada yada, lots of guys missing both ways.

Cawley flies above the Jet

Jet's team wasn't suppose to be good, but came flying out of the gates. Civale hit about a hundred 3s right in Walker's face and Nate added some of his own. Maybe we were all wrong about this team? That thought lasted about three seconds as Cawley and Co. fired back with buckets of their own. Of course, their buckets looked a lot easier in comparison. 

Jet's team just can't match with a team like this. They picked on AAAAAMIR every time he was in, earning them the AAAAMIR curse for life, but also a lot of points. After the initial surge, Jet's team just couldn't keep up. 

Cawley's team looked good picking on the weak. 

Basket Cases roll Grey Mambas 

The new look Basket Cases took on Bully's team of rookies. Both teams came out chucking up bricks, especially the new rookies on both teams, Paul and Drew. They didn't see a shot they didn't like this one. Paul went 0 for 10 from 3 for the Bully. Drew fared better for his team getting buckets inside and getting to the line. 

The other two rookies on the Mambas didn't make an impact, I'll just call them rusty and move on. After a rough start, the Basket Cases started to get things going and pulled ahead. Once they secured their lead, they racked up a bunch of Koller Stats, with the game out of reach.

Things didn't look too good for the Grey Mambas. We'll check back on the Basket Cases when they aren't picking on the weak too.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 110

Currently Online: CCasassa
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

#KapVP: 4405

HTD1223: 2487

docspauld: 2375

damruff: 2203

Mazz63: 1936