Tuesday Night 2021 SUMMER 5v5 Draft AWARDS | CAC League Discussion | Discussion

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tuesday Night 2021 SUMMER 5v5 Draft AWARDS
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
August 19, 2021
2:57 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 2611
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

BREAK OUT THE TUXEDOS AND BRING ON THE CHAMPAGNE! IT’S THE DUNDIES….Wait no, it’s AWARD SEASON FOR TUESDAY NIGHT 5V5……..COULD IT BE YOUR NIGHT TO SHINE?!?! WHO KNOWS?!?! IT’S ANYONE’S BALL GAME BABY!

Episode 1: The Dundies GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHYImage Enlarger

Top 30 Dundies GIFs | Find the best GIF on GfycatImage Enlarger

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Your candidates:

Luther Joseney: Luther, was a pure rookie, coming into this season. We knew nothing about him, except that he’s a black Jacob Poetl, which couldn’t have been further from the truth. Why are people always so wrong about their NBA comparison? Luther, introduced himself to the league by leading everyone in scoring average, which is quite impressive and leading his team to a 6-3 record. Also, he leads the league in free throws per game. Maybe even more impressive, considering the refs don’t know him. 

Greg Eusden: Eusden, wasn’t technically a pure rookie, but no one knew who he was, so I’m putting him here and you can’t stop me. Eusden, led the league in rebounding, to go along with 16 PPG and over a steal plus block per game. Dude, was a damn beast out there. Luther, might be the soul of his team, but Eusden is the damn heart. 

Shawn Wise: I’m going to give Wise a shoutout here, for his season. For him to go 11-12 for the season, with McGirr hogging all the paint space and rebounds is very impressive. Sure, a lot of his boards came on his own missed lay-ups, but I can’t ignore him beasting a lot of games this season. Hell of a debut season, but he’s a clear third here.

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT, ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Greg Eusden

This was one hard choice to make between the two teammates. I had Luther almost penciled in here with sharpie, but after looking further into Eusden’s stats I can’t pass him up as rookie of the year. He does average less points and one less assist than Luther, but his play on both ends of the floor can’t be ignored. He out rebounded the guys who rack up boards on their own misses, one of four guys to average more than a block per game and even averages more than one steal. His play seems to be getting better too, once again, it was a hard choice and I almost flipped for it.

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT, DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Your candidates:

Greg Eusden: Rinse and repeat everything said about him above. He gobbles up the defensive boards, rejects shot attempts and gets in the passing lanes. Agile for a big man who looks like a stiff tall white guy. 

Jahred Newton: Speaking of someone who gets in passing lanes, Newton, lives in them. All season long this guy has been all over the passing lanes, disrupting team’s offensive sets and even harassing them when bringing up the rock. He’s a tough guy to get by with his speed and he plays good defense, when he isn’t being reckless with the reaches.

Filip Shnayder: I’m going to give Filip an honorable mention here, as he’s another person with more than one steal and more than one block for the season. Impressive for a guard, who isn’t tall. I like his physical defense out there, it gives guys some trouble. 

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT, DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: JAHRED NEWTON

This was another tough decision, between three worthy candidates. I could have went Eusden here too, but I feel like it’s easier to guard “bigs” in this league, because we really don’t have many true bigs and none of them have more than 1, if that, post moves. Filip, would have been a good choice too, but the stink his team left between weeks 3 and 6, was a little too smelly to overcome. I liked the way Newton, has played defense all season, he’s a very disruptive player. Bad fouling games aside, he makes a whole of difference on the defensive end, especially when pressure is required late.

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT, 6TH MAN OF THE YEAR: 

Your Candidates:

Manny Reynoso: Hard to argue with the points per game as he’s given his team a big boast with these extra buckets. The only question mark would be, he’s started a couple of games and I think has moved into the starting line-up? Maybe not, but I’ll count him here. 13 points per game off the bench is very good, even if they come with some questionable shots.

Liam Corrigan:  It’s kind of unfair that he’s here, because he’s a starter in this league, but here we are. 7 points a game, with 5 boards and over 2 assists, is excellent work off the bench. Plus, he’s the only guy coming off any bench in this league that is capable of guarding a top guard or wing. 

Raphael Martins: The best bench in this league deserves two nominations and I can’t ignore Raphael here. He has 8 PPG, with 9.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists, with 1.5 steals. I mean come on? How can you ask much more of the man? Those are starter numbers baby. 

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT, 6TH MAN OF THE YEAR: Raphael Martins

Choosing between my two guys, was like choosing between two kids, either way I feel bad. Liam, is damn awesome and unselfish to come off the bench. He’s obviously sacrificing some numbers for the good of team and I love it. Manny, has been good for his guys and should have been mentioned as a potential ROY. However, Raphael has just been all over the place for us, filling it up in every category. Like I said, he has starter numbers, even with our team. 

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT, GM OF THE YEAR

Your Candidates:

Civale: I thought Civale did a nice job for his team, even I thought he made a strange trade to move up for Koller. He got himself a veteran PG, then grabbed a couple good wins. He hit on the Koloff pick, picked up a pretty good bench shooter, even if he hasn’t shot like it and Taha has been electric off the bench. He built his team quite nicely.

Shaffer: Joel, hit on every pick he wanted and the results show it. Not much else to say, everyone is performing at the level they were picked and Joel, got the guy who makes him an MVP candidate.

Sheff: I hate to just have the three teams with the three best records, but what can you do? Sheff, did a good job getting the right info and picking the right rookies. He picked up a veteran Musse, who was great for these guys and the automatic Ghost to hit jumpers, then a good wing in Ryan Shaffer.

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT, GM OF THE YEAR: Joel Shaffer

No surprise here obviously. Civale, had a good draft, but how he got there was questionable. Sheff, well he made all the right picks, had to do some guessing, which means he got a little lucky. When you listen to Tibbs on a player, you’re really rolling the dice. Not many times you can go through a draft and not want to change any picks.

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT, MVP OF THE YEAR

Your candidates:

Eusden/Luther: I’m going to put these two guys here, because they’re teammates and I’ve already talked about them. One of them now though is the ROY. I almost had Luther penciled in here, but the last few weeks have changed things a bit.

Pollock/Shaffer: I’m also putting my two teammates together. Both of them have similar stats, with Joel having two more points per game and Pollock having more assists. 

Newton: I’ve said my piece on Newton as well. Although, I’ll add that he’s the one that makes his offense go. They really rely on him to get others open on the offensive end. He’s the only one who can penetrate the defense off the dribble.

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT, MVP OF THE YEAR: SAMUEL POLLOCK

This one was a close vote. I had Newton and Luther, as the front runners midway through the season. HOWEVER, both of them didn’t play well over the past three weeks to end the season. Newton, started hacking the world and got into foul trouble for his team, hurting them in some games. Luther, hasn’t been quite as affective without Musse running the show. Eusden, made a late push, but I felt Pollock did something that none of these other guys did. He made Joel an MVP candidate, as someone who watches Joel on other days, he isn’t nearly as good without Pollock at the point for him. When you can make someone else an MVP candidate, you are the true MVP.

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT ALL-FIRST AND SECOND TEAMS:

1st Team:

G: Pollock

G: Newton

F: Luther

F: J. Shaffer
C: Eusden

2nd Team: 

G: Mazz (I guess)

G: The Jet (Fly Jet Fly)

F: Cawley

F: Lerner

C: Koller

5v5 Draft West S21 Champs and Unofficial Uni Champs "Get Rich, Die Trying".....Old League Champs S19 "Nice for what?"...…..BDraft F16 3Peat Champs "Evolution".....BDraft S16 Repeat Champs "Visionaries".....BDraft W16 UNI Champs "Foreign Fanatics" (BDraft W16 East Undefeated Champions "Sorry for Jabari")......Kap 2v2 Invitational Champion.......

August 19, 2021
5:27 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 72

Great write-up and great coverage all season, Harry.

However, I must argue with you (since that’s the point of these forums right?):

HTD1223 said

SUMMER 2021 TUESDAY NIGHT DRAFT, GM OF THE YEAR: Joel Shaffer

No surprise here obviously. Civale, had a good draft, but how he got there was questionable. Sheff, well he made all the right picks, had to do some guessing, which means he got a little lucky. When you listen to Tibbs on a player, you’re really rolling the dice. Not many times you can go through a draft and not want to change any picks.

Sheff drafted 5 guys who are averaging double-figures in points and we have overcome adversity and absences all season. Greg was a rookie in this league, sure, but already had a solid CAC track record, not exactly a reach.

Picking “Joel” as GM of the year… it’s like Jeopardy choosing Mike Richards as the new host. No one wants to see that.

August 19, 2021
9:02 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 30

Second Ryan’s thoughts on the excellent coverage all year, but that’s no fun as a post so onto all my complaints about the awards.

first, Definitely a little bit of an asterisk if the shadow gm is awarding his puppet the award. 

no real arguments with the other awards except the DPOY discussion. I gotta stump for my team a little bit here. We were by far the best defense in the league (5 points better than anyone else) and I think we could have had some mentions there. Koloff didn’t have the blocks/steals of some of the other guys, but he consistently put clamps on the other teams best wing, and nobody shot a good percentage against him. 

I assume my team was generally left off the award ballots because Harry is still feeling some shame from the magnitude of his loss this Tuesday, so I won’t take it too personally

August 19, 2021
10:00 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 2611

bpc452 said
Second Ryan’s thoughts on the excellent coverage all year, but that’s no fun as a post so onto all my complaints about the awards.

first, Definitely a little bit of an asterisk if the shadow gm is awarding his puppet the award. 

no real arguments with the other awards except the DPOY discussion. I gotta stump for my team a little bit here. We were by far the best defense in the league (5 points better than anyone else) and I think we could have had some mentions there. Koloff didn’t have the blocks/steals of some of the other guys, but he consistently put clamps on the other teams best wing, and nobody shot a good percentage against him. 

I assume my team was generally left off the award ballots because Harry is still feeling some shame from the magnitude of his loss this Tuesday, so I won’t take it too personally  

That’s a good point. DPOY is easily the hardest award to judge, because you have to be paying close attention to everything on the court. Plus, you don’t know the match-ups or what they were asked to do etc……Everyone on your team deserves defensive praise for carrying you for a season on defense. 

I did take it personally that you hit more 3s in one game on me than your whole season on Monday.

Sheff drafted 5 guys who are averaging double-figures in points and we have overcome adversity and absences all season. Greg was a rookie in this league, sure, but already had a solid CAC track record, not exactly a reach.

Picking “Joel” as GM of the year… it’s like Jeopardy choosing Mike Richards as the new host. No one wants to see that.

Brotherly jealousy, I love it. You can have the Eusden point, but if the Luther guess turns out bad, you have two less wins. 

5v5 Draft West S21 Champs and Unofficial Uni Champs "Get Rich, Die Trying".....Old League Champs S19 "Nice for what?"...…..BDraft F16 3Peat Champs "Evolution".....BDraft S16 Repeat Champs "Visionaries".....BDraft W16 UNI Champs "Foreign Fanatics" (BDraft W16 East Undefeated Champions "Sorry for Jabari")......Kap 2v2 Invitational Champion.......

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 110

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

#KapVP: 4426

HTD1223: 2611

docspauld: 2386

damruff: 2203

Mazz63: 1950