Over 30 Legends Draft Spring 2017 Awards | CAC Previews & Awards | Discussion

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Over 30 Legends Draft Spring 2017 Awards
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
August 7, 2017
7:24 am
Members
Forum Posts: 1872
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Most Valuable Player (MVP): Jeff Moccia [Port Huron Statement]

Runner Up(s): Jeff Arinella [Leaving on a Jet plane], Aidan O’Kennedy [Country of Old Men]

The most dominant player in the league (maybe ever) on the team with the best record this was really an easy choice.

Offensive Player of the Year: Aidan O’Kennedy [Country of Old Men]

Runner Up: Jeff Arinella [Leaving on a Jet plane], Jon Mazzone [The Young Guns]

1st in the league in scoring, 1st in offensive player rater, record holder of the most points scored in a game. Just an impressive season for a rookie.

All Defensive Team:

So here’s the thing, with defense to me rebounding doesn’t really indicate how good of a defensive player you are. In this league I really couldn’t distinguish the top guy and sometimes steals and blocks don’t always paint the picture. For example, what if you hold a guy below his season average but don’t get any steals or blocks? Ok here is the team

Ron Kindle [Mystery Men Unite] Jeff Arnella [Leaving on a Jet plane], Lee Eudy [Country of Old Men], Dustin Armstong [Port Huron Statement]

Rookie of the Year: Lee Eudy [Country of Old Men]

A Rookie of the Year candidate is someone who is new to the Over 30 Legends Draft League. I think there were about 7 guys. Maybe I’m being a little bias but Lee led all rookies (excluding Moccia and O’Kennedy) in player rating, rebounds per game, 2nd in scoring, 1st in threes per game and 1st in blocks.

GM of the Year: Rudy Hersh [Port Huron Statement]

Easy choice had the best team in the regular season. 

All Attendance Team:
It’s is extremely difficult to play in every game, so I decided to recognize those guys that did

Rich Carey [Country of Old Men]

Mike Fraher [Leaving on a Jet plane]

Andrew Cheever, Dustin Armstrong, Seyi Tayo [Port Huron Statement]

Frank Malsbenden [The Young Guns]

All-Stars:

1st Team:

Jeff Moccia [Port Huron Statement]

Aidan O’Kennedy [Country of Old Men]

Jeff Arinella [Leaving on a Jet plane]

Mike McCauley [Priorities People]

2nd Team:

Jon Mazzone [The Young Guns]

Sey Tayo [Port Huron Statement]

Ryan Shafer [Leaving on a Jet plane]

Lee Eudy [Country of Old Men]

3rd Team:

Brett Cooley [Mystery Men Unite]

Mike Fraher [Leaving on a Jet plane]

Brett Royer [Priorities People]

Nate Mendes [Mystery Men Unite]

Honorable mention:

Frank Malsbenden [The Young Guns]

Ron Kindle [Mystery Men Unite]

Paul Reeves [Uncle Drew]

Jeff Etienne [Uncle Drew]

August 8, 2017
5:25 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 15

Lets keep it 100! I feel as if, hold on, let me rephrase this, I know that some players on my team, including me, were snubbed for some of these or not even mentioned because of our team record. These awards are a popularity contest and bias. I mean no disrespect to you, Ruff, when I say this. I have much respect for you.

August 9, 2017
7:58 am
Members
Forum Posts: 1872

TheGiftTheCursed1 said
Lets keep it 100! I feel as if, hold on, let me rephrase this, I know that some players on my team, including me, were snubbed for some of these or not even mentioned because of our team record. These awards are a popularity contest and bias. I mean no disrespect to you, Ruff, when I say this. I have much respect for you.  

These awards were definitely based on record as well as achievements on the court.  You’re the man Jeff but please tell me, in what league does anyone get recognition for being on a 1-9 team that lost 9 straight games and whose 1 win came via forfeit?  You should be happy that you and Paul were listed as honorable mentions.  Lastly please name the award or person you should’ve been mentioned instead of?

August 11, 2017
6:03 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 15

It’s all good, bro. I respect what you do. No disrespect. But I have seen players on teams get awards because awards aren’t based on team records and are based on individual performance. I love reading your write ups every week. It’s something I look forward to every week. Keep doing your thing, my dude.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 110

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

#KapVP: 3994

docspauld: 2282

damruff: 1872

Mazz63: 1799

Zak: 1570