SPRING 2020 4v4 (B Draft) League: Wednesday or Thursday Nights (Individual Entry) – Starts May 6th or 7th
The (B Draft) 4v4 League is by far the most popular Draft League in the C.A.C. Basketball community as it heads into its 33rd consecutive season, that’s 11 years of B Draft action! This is a ‘draft only’ league, meaning everyone signs up as a free agent and league appointed captains will draft the teams based on playing style, talent and the captain’s personal taste. Like all other standard Draft Leagues, this will ensure that the league is balanced top to bottom and makes for many great games. This league is perfect for those who are looking to play in a league that is challenging but not as high in basketball skill as some of the others, but is very competitive within its own league. Because of the popularity of the league we will be offering a second location this season.
Wednesdays @ West Somerville Neighborhood School
Thursdays @ MLK Jr School
All teams will be made up of players who like to play basketball, get a run in and to push themselves athletically. All players are welcome to join as many leagues as they wish, you can enter the Lunch League or get a team together and play in any one of our 4v4 or 5v5 Leagues!
C.A.C. Basketball is the most organized, well run and unique collection of recreation basketball leagues in the Boston area. We strive to be the most player friendly league anywhere. C.A.C. Basketball’s 4v4 leagues are played on a full court that is smaller than regulation size, just 70 feet long. This makes for a very unique game; it’s faster, each player PT and touches skyrocket, while the pace of the game is very quick with a lot of up-and-down play. The extras outside of the basketball games are what sets C.A.C. Basketball apart. The fee for officials is included in the price of the league and every game features an electronic scoreboard, comprehensive stats, player profiles and write-ups of games. You won’t want to miss the message boards for league banter, interviews, awards, and more! In all, C.A.C. Basketball looks to make YOU the star and wants to make sure the everyone knows about it.
- Where: MLK Jr School (for map and directions go to http://www.cacbasketball.com/locations/)
- Game Days: You will play your games once per week on WEDNESDAY or THURSDAY nights
- Times: 6:15, 7:05, 7:55 and 8:45 PM PM
- 1st game: May 6th or 7th
- # of Games: 9, plus playoffs
- # of Teams: 8
- # of Players: All teams will have 6 players
- Price: The cost to play in the league is $175 for the season – All league fees are due by 4/22/20 and can be paid online – http://www.cacbasketball.com/pay-online/
- Multi-Draft League Discount: Players that play two draft leagues will pay just $300 ($50 off the league fees) for the Spring 2020 season.
- Jerseys: All players must wear C.A.C. Basketball jerseys to games. Jerseys cost $10 each and can be picked up at the Cambridge Athletic Club (215 First St – Cambridge MA) prior to the start of the season.
- Player Selection: The (B Draft) League is going to be a draft only league, meaning there is no team entry. Anyone may join this league whether member or non-member.Draft Boards with player info (stats, bios, etc) are provided for all leagues: East (Wed) or West (Thurs)
- Team selection is done by designated league captains who draft players based on talent level and individual preference. Players who wish to play on the same team as a friend can make that request, but it is up to the captains to meet it and it may not be fulfilled. If you’ve played in the C.A.C. leagues before are interested in being a captain (All Drafts will happening during the week of April 25th-30th) please E-Mail: CACBasketball@gmail.com
- Draft Combine: In order to get a better idea of who the new players in the league are, the Draft leagues will be holding a ‘combine’ on Saturday April 25th at 12 PM. It will be a free pick-up run for all players to give captains a better idea of who each new player is and will help balance each and every team in the league!
- Sign-up options: Sign up yourself by filling out the questionnaire online or contact commissioner Jason Tibbetts by Wednesday April 22nd
- Social: Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to get even more bonus coverage of league play!
Any Questions contact Jason Tibbetts: (617) 921-7851 or: E-Mail CACBasketball@gmail.com